Ready To Step Into The Light

"If you want light to come into your life,
you need to stand where it is shining."


I've been for too long in the darkness of my studio, approximately for a year, maybe more,
Sadly, what I considered before to be my safe zone now feels more like a trap that's hard
to escape. Occasionally in the past, I had tried getting out
 of those four dark walls to take a few pictures outside in a beautiful sim, but for some 
reason or another, I ended up running back to my studio and deleting the pictures I had taken. 

To be honest with you, my main concern and fear are that these non-studio pictures 
won't be as accepted as my current style is by my Flickr followers.
My dark grey backgrounds have already earned me a very specific style that identified my work 
amongst the Second Life/Flickr photographers community.
This style had also earned me the title of the Master of the High Fashion Second Life Portrait 
by Casja's Choice back on November 16, 2017.

Perhaps, now I feel that I must continue with this current style in order to maintain such
a wonderful title. But while I do love my photography as it is at the moment, it just doesn't
speak to me anymore. I feel there is no emotion and life in my pictures. They feel sad to me.
Now the dark background has become almost like a prison that holds me back from going
outside where there is life.


After checking the status of my Flickr work, I did notice that most of my on-location
pictures have fewer faves than those taken using my dark background, something
that makes me sad. However, I asked myself, do numbers really matter? 
And the answer is NO!

First
At the beginning of my Second Life journey, the idea for this blog & photography was to create 
them for the sole purpose of having fun every step of the way, 
something that slowly with time I started to forget, shame on me, I know!
They slowly started losing their true meaning of being a recollection of the sweet and fun memories,
that I wanted to keep as a personal journal of my Second Life experience.
They simply became somewhat technical and commercial.
Second
Numbers given to me by other people will never truly define if my work is good enough or not
if I am not satisfied with what I want my photography to be.
That is something that only I can decide. While I appreciate immensely all the kind faves given
to me by the Flickr community, one thing that I need to keep in mind is that as long as I
truly enjoy taking the pictures and sitting down to write whatever comes to mind at
the moment, that is what will make the difference for me.
Third
Another reason why I so much wish to start doing more outdoorsy Second Life
photography is the fact that this type of pictures helps me best with my memory.
Going through each picture, I realized I had no recollection whatsoever of any event
that was going on during the time of the dark grey background pictures either in Second Life
or real life. Now, the ones taken outside the studio spoke so much to me. They made me
remember events, moments, people, and feelings during the time they were taken.
Therefore, they bring a smile to my face for the story that relies on behind each one of them
and that is what I am talking about! 



All I need to do now is to train myself to take pictures for my blog while exploring
 our beautiful Second Life's sims just like when I started this wonderful journey almost eight years ago.
I know it'll be hard for me, you have no idea, but I am ready for the challenge.
I really need to start adding light and life to my photography at this point without 
worrying about how my work will be perceived/accepted by others?

I am making it a rule,
for NO reason whatsoever will I delete any outdoor pictures I take from this day on.
If I take it and I enjoyed the process, it stays no matter what!
And also today marks the new direction my blog will be taking, almost like a U-Turn to how it was
at the beginning when everything was so fun and simple.

I will continue to add credits of what I am wearing and locations at the end of each post,
most likely on Read More so please be sure to check them out.


Since I am taking the blog in a different direction, 
almost like starting a new blog, before I leave
I would like to re-dedicate it to the people that mean the world to me.

First of all to my mother Virita who now rests in heaven and who I miss so much.
To my daughter and son who are my most precious blessings.
And to my Steppenwolf who is truly the love of my life.

Have an amazing Wednesday my beautiful people,
and don't forget to let the day shower you with its glorious light!
Mucho Amor,
Lori Novo
Credits
Hair ~ Excuse Me ~ Magika
Overall ~ Gulia (Prints) ~ CandyDoll
Boots ~ Ayaka (Light Colors) ~ CandyDoll
Catwa Head
Maitreya Mesh Body 
Model & Photographer Lori Novo

My CandyDoll Inventory ● Designer rebeca Dembo

No comments:

Post a Comment