Ant Another Story



Hello Beautiful World!

The other day as I walked into my kitchen I could immediately smell ants. I looked around
and found a bunch of them on the kitchen table. After I got rid of them I went and told my kids and
all they could do was laugh, "Haha mom, you could smell the ants? ants don't smell haha."

What do you two mean ants don't smell? Of course, they do, I have been able to smell ants all 
my life. To me, they smell like Sprite (soda), I am serious, so I decided to search about it, 

So what about the odor? this is what I found...
Ants are known to have the distinctive odour of formic acid, but only some people can smell it. 
Most people say it smells quite lemony or citronella-like, while one species smells like blue cheese.
-Source Internet

Ha! See, I am not crazy!
When I say I can smell ants it means I really can smell them and it is not just all in my head. I wonder
if they would taste like Sprite too if I tried one. 😐 Now don't worry, I am not about to go try one,
I am no anteater, but then again, I live by one rule when it comes to food and drinks and that is I
should try everything at least once before I decide I don't like it. Really, you would be very shocked
by some of the things I have tried in my life. Anyways, if I ever decide to try an ant, I'll let you all
know.

There are three ant facts related to ants and the people in my life that I want to share with you.
Fact one, as a child I had a friend that liked cutting off the back part of ants. She would find ant
 holes and would sit near it and just be cutting off ant bootie for hours. Now that I think about it, 
I feel so bad for those poor ants. I wonder if she ever got bitten by one.

Now, this brings us to fact two and this one is about my mother. 
My mother never minded an ant bite. I am serious! If she got bitten by ants, she would just laugh and
wouldn't move away from them. She had no fear of these little rascals. However, in fact three, my baby
sister when she was a toddler was terrified of them. It was so bad that my sister had to be carried
 outside most time because she refused to walk on the ground when she spotted a single, small ant.

And there you have it! My ant fact, the power to be able to smell them from a mile away. :P
And before I go, here's a list of ant facts that we all should know...

Fact #1: Colonies are bigger than the average ant farm.
Fact #2: Ants have specific jobs.
Fact #3: Ants don't have ears.
Fact #4: One ant species is exclusively female.
Fact #5: Ants can become zombies.
Fact #6: Ants can lift 10-50 times their body weight.
Fact #7: Some ants are homeless.
Fact #8: Ants are found (almost) everywhere on Earth.
-Source Read For Full Info.

Thanks for Reading my Beautiful People!
Much love,
Lori Novo

Credits
Vanity Hair::Phases
(NEW) Calypso Jewelry Set (Details) - Moondance Boutique Gems Event by Unik 
(Ends October 12 - Gallery)
(NEW) Thalia Heckroth - Lauren Blouse and Trousers (Details Blouse - Trousers)
Maitreya Mesh Body
Model & Photographer Lori Novo
Thanks to my wonderful ●Sponsors for their kind support!



No comments:

Post a Comment