The Shop Around The Corner

The Shop Around The Corner #4

Damn!!!
The days do not have enough hours and the weeks are waaay to short for all the articles I want to write for you. So many events going on, great sales, and countless of amazing places I've been discovering now that I am on full "exploring" mode. I seriously need an extension or my head is gonna explode with all these post ideas I have. I sincerely believe that I might had pulled a brain nerve with so much thinking I've been doing these last days. 


Can some one clone me please?!
I need at least two more of me to to help me work on all those drafts I have in my blogger. Gosh, things around me are happening way too fast and I never seem to catch up. Many times by the time I am able to post an event or a new release, it is already old news :(((

Anyways I am not complaining at all about this being "too much work", not at all. I love what I do, this blog is one of my greatest passions, 
but I am complaining of not being able to increase my working speed. I am stepping on the gas paddle all the way down but my speed seem to remain the same... hmmm... maybe I need a tune-up  ;)
The Store Around The Corner #1

Maybe I need to slow down and not worry too much. Reading has always been very relaxing to me. Everyone in my home loves books. You will find books in every room you walk in. I planted the love for books to my son and daughter since they were at a very early age. Actually, it was even before they were born. I used to read to them while I was still caring them inside me, as I read I would constantly touch my stomach to let them know that mommy was reading to them. Thanks to that, my kids grew up always choosing a book over a toy.

So today I decided to take it slow and not worry too much so I took a stroll down on one of Midnight Manhattan Reverie's streets and found the cutest bookstore ever. It is called 

The Shop Around The Corner
The Shop Around The Corner #2

While I was there I received a description card about this cute bookstore from Lora Chadbourne (owner)...


Welcome to The Shop Around the Corner!

This store is a re-creation of Kathleen Kelly's children's bookstore as seen in the 1998 romantic comedy, 'You've Got Mail.'

The film stars Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan, and is based on the play 'Parfumerie' by Miklós László. Its plot centers around two e-mailing, online lovers who are completely unaware that their sweetheart is, in fact, a person with whom they share a measure of animosity in real life.

The story of 'Parfumerie' previously had been adapted for film in 1940's 'The Shop Around the Corner' starring James Stewart and Margaget Sullavan, and in the 1949 musical remake 'In the Good Old Summertime,' starring Van Johnson and Judy Garland.

While modified for use in this sim, the original build was created by Blot Brickworks and is available at the 'Old Mermaid Inn' in Second Life.
The Shop Around The Corner #3

Ahhh, so now you know why our Second Life "Shop Around The Corner" looked so familiar ;)

CREDITS:
HAIR ~ SASKIA ~ .:EMO-tions:.
SKIN ~ Elle ~ Belleza
EYE LINER ~ Under Eye Liner ~ Corvus
EYES ~ moroccan night ~ Poetic Colors
JACKET ~ Halloween Hunt Item #17 ~ Ricielli
BRA ~ Darling ~ Utopia
PANTS ~ Elaine Floral Pants ~ Bliss Couture
JEWELRY ~ Idril Set from PM at GYPSET MARKET
BAG ~ Halloween Hunt Item #11 ~ Ricielli
POSE ONE ~ Editorial 058 ~ Geez
POSE TWO ~ Cecile Stand 004 ~ Geez