To Give and Take



Dear Second Life, you give and then you take back, not fair!

Hello beautiful world!
There was a time when I was so friendly that my list of contacts in Second Life was a mile long,
everyone seemed to want to be my friend. There was not a day that went by that I didn't get friendship 
requests and I would accept every single one of them. Now, my list is reduced to only
six names, including my Steppenwolf.

I have become so antisocial in the last two years to the point that if I feel that I am getting too close
to someone, I will push them away. I feel that this might be the fear of losing them in the long run
when they become more special and then getting hurt harder. I have lost so many good friends in 
the past who were so dear to my heart that now, I have built a wall to not let anyone near. 
I understand that people move on or interests change but I can't help feeling such sadness 
when this happens.

One of the friends that I lost some years ago was my very first Second Life sister, Poppy Ghostrave.
She was an amazing woman and the most wonderful friend anyone could ask for. She loved creating
things for her sim like flowers, trees, etc.

I met Poppy while exploring what was my favorite sim at the time, Fatimas Victorian Houses 

"Each friend represents a world in us, 
a world possibly not born until they arrived, 
and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." 
-Anais Nin

Poppy became such a big part of my life that I seriously thought that someday we would meet each
other in person. Instead, one day she just stopped coming to Second Life and I made many intents 
to get hold of her but I never heard from her ever again. I still remember her often even after all these years 
because she got to touch my life in such an amazing way that I even considered her a sister.

I am so thankful for the time that she was in my life and only wish she would have stayed there
forever. I have written about her before because I feel that maybe she remembers me too like I do
and she'll read this blog to see what I have been up to, or so I hope. 

Much love my beautiful people!
Lori Novo


Credits
Hair ~ Isla ~ Analog Dog
Jewelry *NEW ~ Menina Set ~ Kunglers
Tank Top *NEW ~ Riane ~ Baiastice @ FaMESHed Event (Ends June 27 - Gallery)
Shorts *NEW ~ Riane ~ Baiastice @ FaMESHed Event (Ends June 27 - Gallery)
Maitreya Mesh Body
Model & Photographer Lori Novo
Thanks to my wonderful ●Sponsors for their kind support!

𐄚𐄚𐄡𐄡𐄚𐄚


My Kunglers Inventory ● Designer Ava Kungler
My Baiatice Inventory ● Designer Sissy Pessoa

 

Baiastice_Riane Tank Top-All Colors + 10 Bonus
Available in 18 Colors - Each Color HUD (Solid - Sheer- Net Lace)
FatPack 50% Off All Colors plus 10 Bonus via HUD
Baiastice_Riane Shorts-All Colors+10 Bonus
Available in 18 Colors - Each Color HUD (Show-Hide Belt)
Metal in 10 Shades
FatPack 50% Off All Colors plus 10 Bonus via HUD
Both Top & Shorts: Alice - Freya - Hourglass - Legacy - Maitreya - Perky
KUNGLERS - Menina Set
Set Includes Earrings & Necklace - Crystals & Gemstones
in a wide range of colors via HUD - Resize & Copy


No comments:

Post a Comment