A Turkey Story


Hello beautiful world!
So the Thanksgiving weekend will be over just in less than an hour
but before it is completely gone, I want to share with you a little story
about the Thanksgiving turkey we had this year. Yes, turkeys can have stories too. 
However, in my story, the main character is not
actually the turkey but my stepfather, my mother's ex-husband.

So this is how my story begins...
My stepfather and I had a terrible relationship as long as I can remember.
The last time I ever saw him and spoke to him was many years ago when I moved
my mother away from him and into our home since the relationship between them both
was already unbearable. Of course, this just added more friction to the already bad 
relationship I had with him.

But to be honest with you, I always wished him well since no matter how bad of a
stepfather he was to me, there were still some good memories and those were the
ones I decided to keep. The negative, I tried to forget and was thankful that at least 
he was there in my life, something that my real father never did.

So three days before Thanksgiving, there was a knock on my front door and when I 
opened it he was standing there, awkward, I know.
When I saw him, I was shocked, he had changed so much not only physically, but
in other ways that I can't explain, it was a good change. He looked healthy, clean, well-dressed,
but most of all, there was a softness in his expression that I don't remember ever seeing on him
before, and without thinking, I opened my arms and gave him a hug. I was sincerely happy to see 
him and to see that he was doing well.

We spoke for a while and for the first time in my life, I felt him sincere. 
There was something in his eyes that made me feel that I could trust his change.
He shared with me his plans of spending Thanksgiving with a group of friends and
gave me a bag before leaving, it was a turkey and fresh Tilapias.

Now, I didn't have to wait for a Christmas miracle, mine happened just days before
Thanksgiving, a very beautiful one. We may never have the stepdad-stepdaughter
relationship at this point, but this was the first step to maybe becoming friends.

I am thankful for him knocking at my door that day.
And I am thankful for the turkey...


Thanks for reading!
Mucho, MUCHO Amor,
Lori Novo

Credits
Hair ~ Irma (Jan. Group Gift) ~ Sintiklia
Hat ~ Russian Hat (Group Gift - Free to Join) ~ ::K::
Flowers ~ Iris (Gacha) Apple ~ Lode
Dress ~ Caroline ~ Belle Epoque @ N21 (Ends Dec. 12 - Gallery)
Catwa Head
Maitreya Mesh Body 
Model & Photographer Lori Novo

My Sintiklia Inventory ● Designer Sintikliasims
My LODE Inventory ● Designer Chirzaka Vlodovic
My Belle Epoque Inventory ● Designer Janire Coba

No comments:

Post a Comment