Seabrook, South Carolina

The story of our lives by Allison Hamilton Calhoun.
"To my love Noah,
read this to me and I'll come back to you."


Hello beautiful world!
For those of you who don't know, the above quote is from one of my favorite movies,
The Notebook (2004) romantic drama film starring Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams 
based on the 1996 novel by Nicholas Sparks.




The other day I came upon Aspen Fell, The Notebook (Moderate) and I am not really sure how 
or why I accidentally ended up teleporting to this sim, but I am so glad I did. 
Maybe it was destiny or fate that took me there since I am a big romantic and I love the movie. 
This beautiful sim is a recreation of the town of Seabrook back in 1940 
where Noah's and Allie's love took place.




Now, if you haven't watched this beautiful movie yet, I highly recommend it,
it is absolutely one of my favorite love stories together with Love in the Times of Cholera.
I was shocked to know that Steppenwolf has not watched the film yet. :O

Yeah, I know, kicking his butt, however, he has promised me he will watch The Notebook 
tomorrow but I don't know, he had promised me before he would watch Love in the Times of
Cholera like two years ago and still nothing.... hmmm >:( Promises, Promises!

Anyway, I had him accompany me to this beautiful sim to see if he gets inspired to watch 
the movies with me tomorrow, we'll see.


He was for sure inspired to take some pics of us during our visit.
The above are my three favorite ones from the bunch he took. We talked about so many things
in the back of that rusty truck,  like how August is such a special month for the both of us. This month we
celebrate his birthday in real life, we also celebrate our partnership/marriage in SL, and finally
my rezz day. We ended the night listening to Hillsong United songs in the back of the truck while holding 
each other and looking at the stars. What a beautiful way to end the day!


But returning to this sim, I will continue by sharing with you the information that you will find in the NoteCard
that you will receive as soon as you land there. Please my beautifuls, don't forget to show some Linden love 
during your visit if you can. Remember that any donations, big or small are always so much appreciated. 
This helps our wonderful sim owners/designers keep these beautiful locations open for all of us to enjoy.



Welcome to yet another amazing Aspen Fell creation based on the movie The Notebook. 


In 1940's South Carolina, mill worker Noah Calhoun (Ryan Gosling) and rich girl Allie Hamilton (Rachel McAdams) are desperately in love, but her parents don't approve. When Noah goes off to serve in World War II, it seems to mark the end of their love affair. In the interim, Allie becomes involved with another man (James Marsden). When Noah returns to their small town years later, on the cusp of Allie's marriage, it soon becomes clear that their romance is anything but over.

Set your sky to region windlight,  make sure you have sounds, music, and media on, and walk through the streets of Seabrook, South Carolina and feel the love Noah and Allie, through all the ups and downs, had for each other.


Have a seat in the movie theater to watch the movie trailer of The Notebook, 
have a tissue or two handy. (Make sure your Java and Quicktime are updated) 
If you are unable to view the trailer on the screen you can view it here.

Click on the "Sit Here" signs in the crosswalk to watch the street lights, 
click on the manhole cover to dance in the street to your own music as you sing to your loved one 
or turn your music on to listen to the soft soulful music Aspen himself has picked out for you,  
just as Allie and Noah did on their first date.


Stroll to the end of town, through the gates where the fun-filled carnival that awaits you. 
Buy your tickets, bob for apples, warm up with a cup of hot cocoa or ride the rides 
and you just might ask the apple of your eye for a date.


Follow the path through the lumber yard to the take a canoe ride into the cypress forest 
amongst the swans (Cam out into the forest and sit on the canoe, wonderful photo ops here).


 YES! THE HOUSE! The amazing house Noah rebuilt for the love of his life, Allie! 
You are welcome to go in the house and take a look around, have a seat, kick your shoes off and make yourself at home. We know you have been walking a lot today and are so very grateful you have taken time out of your busy day to come to see us. 

We have left rezzing open for you to be able to rez your own poses and such, we ask that you pick up your items when you are finished. Items that are not picked up will be returned, and we will not be held responsible for no copy items lost in the return. 

We hope you enjoy your stay here with us as much as we have had making it for you. 

Thank you, 
Aspen Fell, Designer/Owner and Jessica Marabana, Aspen Fell Manager


Hope you enjoyed reading the blog post as much as I did putting it together for you ;)
Keep safe my beautiful people.

Much Love,
Lori Novo

 

Credits on Me
Newphe - Imani Necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment