Sad April

Hello Beautiful World!

The month of April is always a very hard month for me since my mother passed away.
This year it will be four years on April 10 since she's been gone and it still feels like it was 
just yesterday. I get very sad through the whole month and even more around the date.

However, now I am also having to deal with our kitty Cosette's health. 
She was diagnosed with cancer already spread and too late to do anything to save her.
She was given approximately two more months to live back on March 23th.

My Cosette has lost her voice and I can no longer hear her beautiful meows.
We are giving her pain medication to help her out but that's about all we can do for her at
this point. 

We have had Cosette for almost nine years now since she was a kitten.
We love her not as a pet, but as our baby girl so you can just imagine how heartbroken we are.
It breaks my heart to see her condition now but every morning I gather my strength to go
see her and open all the curtains so she can look outside, which is something she loves.
I sing to her and talk to her.

I have accepted that soon she will be gone and even though it is so hard to let go,
I think I have prepared myself for that day. Yes, I know it'll be sad and I won't be ok for
a while, but I love her enough to not let her suffer anymore.

For now, she still seems to not be ready yet to leave us.
However, the way I see her I have a feeling that the time for her to rest will be very soon. :( 


What is happening to my Cosette reminded me of the time my aunt got very sick
and soon after she passed away. You can read about it HERE.

I still remember the sadness and desperation in her children's eyes 
knowing they were losing their mother and there was nothing they could do. Heartbreaking.

My mother's passing was very sudden and unexpected.
One day she was fine, out eating and shopping with a friend. The next morning she was gone.

I don't know which is harder...
Either to know that you are losing your loved one and have the chance to tell them so many
things that are in your heart and say goodbye and receive their blessing, but at the cost of watching
them suffer. Or to lose your loved one suddenly without a chance to tell them anything or hear their
voice in the last goodbye. Both have to be equally hard. I already experienced the sudden loss of my mother. 
Now, I am experiencing a slow loss with my kitty.

As for my baby Cosette, I have accepted that I'll be losing her soon so I am giving her all
the love that I can and as my Steppenwolf says to me all the time, "Enjoy your time with her
while she still here." and that is what I been trying to do every day, cherishing every minute I still
get to have her with me. But losing her will be hard, so hard, The decision to let her go 
I fear will come very soon.

Thanks For Reading!
Much love,
Lori Novo


Credits
Model & Photographer Lori Novo
Thanks to my wonderful ●Sponsors for their kind support!

My Location
Beautiful, eclectic gallery hosting art exhibits by deaf and/or disabled artists. 
Exhibits change quarterly.  Artists can be contacted privately for sale of their works.  
Cape Able is a non-profit, Virtual Ability Inc. owned sim. 

No comments:

Post a Comment