Martian's Return

 GREAT PROFILES


Because it is only with the heart
that one can see the true beauty in others.
-Lori Novo




Hello Beautiful World!
Please meet Martian (superengine) who I had the pleasure of meeting earlier today while doing Tai Chi 
at Tempura Island. I had been checking out profiles and had not noticed when he got there, once I
noticed him standing next to me, I decided to check out his profile too and found some of the
most beautiful words.


"if you are lost then you can join me.
i run my SL at lowest graphics settings which means all your high end avatar beauty 
wont be visible to me. but your good heart will be."

You see, he has a simple phrase written in his 2nd Life profile section that carries so much meaning and
immediately tells so much about the kind of person Martian is. And in fact, when I Imed him to say
hello and let him know how much I liked his profile, I found that his interaction with others definitely
matched what he had written five years ago. You see, Matian had left Second Life five years ago and
today was his first day back since then. What are the odds, of running into him right at the moment of his
return and having such a beautiful impact on me, solely by those simple words in his profile that
had caught my attention like no other profile on this beautiful day.

He explained that back then he had a computer that limited him from really seeing all the beauty in Second
Life. Thankfully now, he has a better working computer and will be able to enjoy Second Life a lot
better. I asked him to please not change that part of his profile at least for a few days since it would be
the part that I would be sharing with you all. He very happily agreed with a smile and said...

martian (superengine): still the profile text applies. no supercomputer can bring out the beauty
like the heart


We had a pretty extended conversation where I couldn't stop smiling knowing that I had
come upon a genuinely kind soul, one that with his words and action honestly honored the beautiful
words he had written years ago in his profile. I truly felt the beauty of his heart and the peaceful
energy that his presence provoked in me with every passing minute as we continued to chat.
There was no doubt in my heart that he was the kind of person that I would like to keep as a friend
and not just a passing encounter. That is why I immediately and happily accepted his friendship request,
something that I rarely do since it is really hard for me to let people into my life. Martian, however,
was a special exception. His beautiful soul can be sensed from a mile away.
By the way, I am actually the first friend he made today on his return to Second Life, what a 
beautiful honor.


Life is such a mystery and full of surprises. Sometimes we wake up looking forward to a beautiful
new day but instead, we are confronted by the toxicity of negative people. Then, there are those
days when we least expect it, and someone with a beautiful shining soul walks into our life 
and makes us a friend. These are the people, and these are the moments to embrace and cherish.
To be thankful to be alive and thankful to have the honor of the good people we find along the way.

martian (superengine): eventually thats all is left in life right. the heart of that person.
Lori Novo: yes, everything else doesn't really matter
martian (superengine): we  will remember that more than anything

Thanks For Reading!
Much love,
Lori Novo

No comments:

Post a Comment