For My Mother

 

Hello Beautiful World!

Today would have been my mother's birthday if she was still with us.
However, she is now with the angels so there is no doubt in my heart that she is
celebrating this day with her mother and her son (my brother Art) and with all the angels
in heaven. But this doesn't mean that Steppenwolf and I can't celebrate her here too.

Steppenwolf and I always celebrate her and we have made a very special place for her in
our Second Life home where we like to go and sit down and remember her. My husband
always makes sure that there are flowers for her and will change them according to the season.

I feel so happy that my mother got to know my Steppenwolf. She loved him because
she was aware of how much this man truly loves me and how much he takes care of me.
She left knowing that she was leaving me in the hands of a loving and caring man.

My Virita was truly an amazing woman and I was so blessed to have her as a mother. In the last years of her life, she spent hours and hours every day making rosaries with yarn which she would then donate to the church to be given away. She would also carry some of these rosaries in her purse at all times to give away to people she felt were going through rough times. 

The song choice for this post, Amazing Grace, was the song my mother had requested 
to be sung at her funeral, so this brings me to something I want to share that I am sure I already
 shared with some of you in the past but we got so many new readers that I would love to
do it again...

The next time that I returned to visit my mother's grave after her funeral, I was still in really 
bad shape. When we got there, I asked my kids to give me time alone with her. It was
a very hot, sunny day. Once I was alone I let the tears come out, I started talking to her 
and then I started to sing Amazing Grace for her. Suddenly, a soft wind began to blow, 
before that, all day it had been calmed. The wind continued as I continued singing and the 
wind chimes from nearby graves began to sound, you should know my mother loved 
wind chimes. The wind was so gentle and it felt so soothing, like a mother's hug. My 
sadness at that moment turned into a very calm and joyous feeling because I could feel my 
mother in the soft wind. Once I finished singing my mother's song, the wind slowly
began to stop and the wind chimes stopped playing. I signaled my kids to return and when
I mentioned to them the soft wind they said they had not felt any wind. I just smiled
because I knew that had been my mother who had come to hug me while I sang for her.

Happy Birthday Virita!!!
Always and forever in my heart mami<3
-Laura

"Lori’s mom was so loving to her! We celebrate her birthday today and wish she were here 
with us still. But for every time we think of her, there she is Always in our hearts."
-Steppenwolf

No comments:

Post a Comment