Just A Whisper of Smoke


“The missing comes in waves, some more intense than others.
I miss how he’d watch the morning news while I ate breakfast.
I miss crying on his shoulder, talking his ears off, 
being the first person to hear about his good days and the first to embrace him on his bad ones. 
I miss the small things more than the big things because the small things proved he was mine.”
― Caroline George, Dearest Josephine




Hello Beautiful World!
After listening to this beautiful song, Dancing With Your Ghost, I decided to write these words
and dedicate them to the fear, the fear of ever losing my love. Yes, many times I have shed
a tear when I become overwhelmed with the sadness and the fear that one day I will look into his eyes
for the last time. That I will no longer hear again his I love you's. And that no longer will I feel his
warm caresses. I am sure this is not healthy thinking but I can't help it and I wonder if there are other
people that might feel the same way as I do. I believe this fear of loss is the consequence of one day
suddenly losing my mother. One day she was full of life and we were talking and laughing together
and the next day she was gone.

While this is a fear that I can't control, I try to use it in a positive way and that is that I don't take
for granted a single second I get to spend with my Steppenwolf. Every second with him is precious.
We try not to let our love go wasted on arguments, jealousy, or mistrust. When we do come to a bump in
our relationship, we overcome it together and move on because together we are strong, and our love
has always been stronger than anything we have ever been confronted with in all of our eleven
years together.

Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, I know this, and that is why I love this man every day as if it's 
the last. We tell each other how much we love each other at least twenty times a day. And you know
what? I never get tired of hearing it or saying it to him. I always make sure he knows how proud I am 
of him and how wonderful he is. And he does the same for me. This is a beautiful way of celebrating
love.

In life, when it comes to love we have two choices, either to waste it as I said before on arguments,
jealousy, or mistrust and make each other miserable and ruin what could be a beautiful relationship.
Or truly accepting love for what it really is, and that is the most beautiful feeling that two people 
can share, filling each other's life with happiness that makes us feel like we are walking on clouds.

I understand that some relationships are just impossible to survive because many negative factors come
into play. Things that are really out of our hands like infidelity and abuse and so on from our partners.
But when you have a good man/woman by your side and still you insist on seeing ghosts where there 
are none. Not being able to control those nasty feelings of jealousy, possessiveness, insecurities, and
mistrust and these feelings are being used as ammunition targeting your partner, then maybe feeling the
fear of losing your loved one is not such a bad thing. Also, we must keep in mind that there are no
perfect couples that are in bliss 100% of the time. Or the perfect man or woman, we all make mistakes
and have our own faults. It is recognizing what we have and valuing it with the respect it deserves.

Thanks For Reading!
Much love,
Lori Novo


Credits
*ARGRACE* Kinu Hair
My Location: The Outer Garden (Moderate)
Model & Photographer Lori Novo
Thanks to my wonderful ●Sponsors for their kind support!

 

Made from fluid silk crepe de chine, Noor is inspired by kaftans and has a breezy shape.
For Maitreya Lara, Meshbody Legacy, Avlove Momma, eBody Reborn.
Materials enabled.

No comments:

Post a Comment