In Another Life

EXPLORING SECOND LIFE




"Talk about our future like we had a clue
Never planned that one day, I'd be losing you

In another life
I would be your girl
We keep all our promises
Be us against the world

In another life
I would make you stay
So I don't have to say
You were the one that got away
The one that got away..."
-lyrics


Today I visited old memories from not too long ago when I felt the happiest I had been in a very long
time, I would say in years. A time when I would wake up eager to start my day knowing that I would
be spending time doing things that would bring so much joy to my heart. I felt safe in making a list
of plans, all exciting and sweet for each day to come, a future perfectly and beautifully designed for
months and months to come. I could just see myself checking out one by one those plans as I would
fulfill them. I couldn't wait to begin that amazingly promising future where there would
never be lonely days or dark skies.

But life is so unpredictable and when we think we are standing on solid ground, the ground
below us begins to crumble, and in an instant, dreams and plans fall apart in midair. We are left
standing holding the beautiful list of our future in our hands, as it starts to run through our fingers like
water. And we try to hold on to it as hard as we can, we are not ready to let it go, not just yet, not ever,
because it is not just a list of things to do that it represents, it is a list of feelings all sweet and
meaningful, and of beautiful memories waiting to be made.


But life and the future are out of our control.
It doesn't matter even if we have written each word with all our heart in permanent ink,
life will find a way of smearing the words where they can no longer be read.
What life doesn't know is that we have kept a copy of that list deep inside in our hearts where
it will stay there safe and forever. 

Now the list becomes engraved in the heart.
But what was supposed to be a list that was intended to bring us so much joy, now tends
to paper-cut the walls of our hearts, making us bleed tears of sadness and longing.
So next time you see a tear running down my cheek, know that I was just reading
my list.

But I have found a way how to fulfill some of that sadness and longing.
I still keep in mind things I want to do, but now I just try to live day by day, waking up not knowing
what I'll be doing for the day. Just determined that whatever it is, I will make sure it'll
be amazingly exciting and sweet. That any adventure I take on for the day will bring me moments
that I can cherish forever in the huge treasure chest of beautiful memories in my heart.
There are always reasons to smile in all the things we do and the people we meet along the way.
There are no small or meaningless experiences, that, only exist in our heads if we look at life in a
negative way. Beauty, excitement, and sweetness are always there for us to embrace, all we need to
do is to look at things, even the smallest of things in the light of positive thinking.

For example when I discovered a group of turtles in "We Are One In Paradise".
Or when I was fascinated by "The Dancing Of My Hands.".
Even in a "Coffee Drip" I found beauty and excitement. 

My list of the beautiful small thing that bring smiles and joy to me could go on and on,
there are just so many and I am very thankful for all of them. They are beautiful gifts of life
and just as valuable as the biggest ones. And anyways, life doesn't give us small and big gifts,
life gives us gifts! So I let my mind wander, be curious and stay open every time I embark on
a new adventure, happily eager to see what life has in store for me for the day, where I know
special gifts, like a smile, a friendly hello, a kind gesture, or beautiful sights, are waiting for me to enjoy.
This is how I try to live my life.


Hello Beautiful World!
Meet Sunny, my beautiful dog that I love taking for walks. He is a good companion.
With him, I never feel lonely not only because he is very playful, but because he seems to always
attract people to us. People will stop to say hello and then ask about him. He is a people-magnet I'll say.

BraynYoshimura
Today while we visited Luanes World - Le Monde Perdu - Summer 2023 (Moderate), we ran into
Brayn and his beautiful dog Bobby. It was fun watching Sunny and Bobby play together while Brayn
and I chatted for a while. After a while, we said goodbye to continue exploring this beautiful sim.
I could still hear Bobby barking at us in the distance as we walked away, what sounded like "Come back, come back!"


But going back to our beautiful location. This beautiful sim is landscaped by 
LuaneMeo and Gorba McMahon

Description:
Inspired by the treasures of Provence and its thousand facets. A rich nature, full of life with its
scrubland, pines and fields of wildflowers. Its rocky coves dug by the sea and the wind offers incredible
hidden places and striking beauty. Magnificent fine sandy or rocky beaches to enjoy the sea and its
crystal clear water. Source of inspiration and escape, whether on foot, by boat or on horseback, you will
enjoy a calm and peaceful place with your friends or a loved one.

This sim provides rezzing rights to all Luane's World group members
And you can also add your pictures to their Flickr stream.


Now, as I always say,  one of the highlights for me, when I explore, is getting to meet new people.
I love saying hello to strangers and wishing them a beautiful day. Sometimes I do get a hello back
and there are other times when I don't. That is ok if they don't. I understand that sometimes people
may be AFK or simply, needing to be left alone. I too have my moments when I just need to fade
away everything around me and be left on my own. It is absolutely alright, we all need those
moments sometimes.


One of those people that seemed to be enjoying his alone time was Second Life
photographer Fitzhugh Tightly (fitzhughtightly) whom I saw sitting peacefully at the beach. 
I tried not to interrupt him, at least not too much.


This is all for now my beautiful people.
Wishing you all a beautiful day and sending you all a HUGE hug.
Thank you for your visit, much appreciated!

Over & Out
Lori Novo

Credits On Me
Wasabi // Lollipop Hair ● [POM] Aster Earrings ● Chalo.CIRL/NIEA  Bracelet ● - Secrets - Rhaenyra Belly Piercing - Copper
TETRA - Purity Top (Anemone Pattern) ● ::GB:: Mom Jeans - Medium Wash ● ::GB:: Line sneakers - White
[Rezz Room] Box Golden Retriever Adult (Companion)

No comments:

Post a Comment