Oh Simple Thing!

EXPLORING SECOND LIFE


Hello Beautiful Second Life!
I wonder if you missed me or even noticed that I was gone for a while.
I am like the littlest of earthly birds that can't fly high in the sky among the eagles and condors
that get to caress the clouds with their wings. I am a little bird that flies very close to the ground
quietly and timidly. But there is so much beauty on the ground just as much as there is in the
sky that my little wings get to caress. So I'll never give up and my joyful flight continues even
against the wind and with wounded wings.


"I walked across an empty land
I knew the pathway like the back of my hand
I felt the earth beneath my feet
Sat by the river and it made me complete

Oh, simple thing, where have you gone?
I'm getting old, and I need something to rely on
So, tell me when you're gonna let me in
I'm getting tired, and I need somewhere to begin

I came across a fallen tree
I felt the branches of it looking at me
Is this the place we used to love?
Is this the place that I've been dreaming of?..."
-lyrics


Today I came across fields of lavender, beneath my feet,
where blurred lines, meet the sea.
Ocean waves crashed on the rocky shore, 
Splashing a cool, gentle mist. 
A tiny house on a hill,
 Away from everyone, and everything...

Welcome, this is Natthimmel (Moderate)!


Many years ago, I visited a beautiful sim called Fields Of Gold. It was in my very early years in Second
Life and I can still remember very vividly how beautiful it was, but most importantly, how that golden
place made me feel. The joy and awe that I felt on that day is indescribable. I was seeing the beauty of
Second Life through the eyes of a noob, which in my opinion, is when Second Life can be seen
most incredibly beautiful.

Today, after going over my blog, and revisiting many of my favorite blog posts, I felt a little
spark of inspiration and decided to go out and explore and see what I could find to share with you
and that is how I came upon Natthimmel. While there, I got some of the joy and awe feeling
that I felt many years ago when I walked on Fields Of Gold.


One of the highlights of my visit today to Natthimmel was the wonderful opportunity to take
a picture with Bug (javabug) and her cow, which by the way I am dedicating
this blog post to. Bug is a great Second Life photographer with a beautiful stream showcasing
beautiful moments with her Second Life partner and the beautiful locations she visits.
You can check out her Flickr HERE and Instagram HERE


I came across one simple thing with thoughts of joy and thought of peace.
On lavender land, underneath my feet. I knew it was time to say "Farewell my friend.
I'll see you tomorrow at the birth of the new day."


Credits On Me
DOUX - Vanilla Hairstyle ● [ICEWERK] Janette Jacket ● Tres Blah - Somerset Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment