From Low to High

COMMENTARY

Zakk (atilla30)
Hello Beautiful World!
Very early in the morning, I woke up to these words from a man that had just insulted me
in Tempura Island while I was at Tai Chi trying to find some peace before starting my day...

Lori Novo: women don't deserve to be treated this way
Man: you are a white so i have got every right to treat you all the way i wish

I was very devastated after the incident that I couldn't stop crying.
Personally, I feel that for me this type of occurrence is happening more often and more seriously.
It has gotten to a point where I am afraid to go anywhere and I am even careful about what I am
wearing so as not to give any provocation to these men, but still, nothing that I do seems to work.
Today, there was a moment when I truly felt like just leaving Second Life for good.
I am sure most women get this same type of disrespect and treatment from random men that
seem to think it is alright to disrespect us.

IT IS NOT RIGHT!
It hurts and humiliates us.



Now, not only was I being disrespected for being a woman but also for the color of my skin.
How sad is that? Really? I am sure many women have been treated the same way for these same reasons
and my heart goes out to all of them. Doesn't matter if we are white, black, Asian, or Latina like me,
no woman deserves to be disrespected. Period!

So yes, this morning I truly felt I had already had enough. I felt tired and disappointed
and felt that it would be best just to leave Second Life for good.
So I logged out.


I was heading back to my bed since I couldn't stop crying and I was also in a very intense physical pain.
As you all know, I am not a very healthy person. I often suffer from pain that limits my abilities to
perform even the smallest of things, like brushing my own hair, holding a fork or spoon to eat,
walking and even sitting down. Really, when I get through the pain period, there is not much I can do
and will need help with most things.

But going back to my story.
Before I got to bed I decided to take a quick look at my Flickr stream, which is something that I really
don't do much since I feel I am kind of divorced from it, and noticed a comment that turned my whole
day around. It truly changed my mind direction and made me realize that there are very beautiful
reasons not to give up on my Second Life.

Cajsa Lilliehook
I love your blog and featured in my weekly column highlighting the best blogs of SL

Now, what a beautiful gift and surprise that was. Just what I needed to remind me that my journey in
this virtual world is a beautiful one no matter what.


But, how about two beautiful gifts and surprises in one day?
After reading the beautiful recognition that Cajsa Lilliehook so kindly had given me in her amazing
blog, which made me feel so honored and brought more tears to my eyes (happy tears), I then found out
that our little boat had continued making waves and placing us in the #15 spot in the 90 top Second
Life Blogs.


90 Best Second Life Fashion Blogs and Websites
The best Second Life Fashion blogs from thousands of blogs on the web and ranked by traffic, social
media followers & freshness.

Now, this is another beautiful reason to continue.
And it is all thanks to you my beautiful people. You that take the time every day to come and visit me.
You, that continue to give me all your love and support through all these years. Now that I started
writing more and not featuring just fashion the views per day have tripled and continue to rise every
week which means more people are becoming part of our family.
I thank you all very much from the bottom of my heart for giving me this beautiful reason to
continue our Second Life journey together.

So there you have it, I went from very low to very high, that is the rollercoaster of life.
We just have to hold on tight and enjoy the ride. ;)

Much love,
Lori Novo


Credits On Me
DOUXVenezia hairstyle ● FINESMITH YAM EARRINGS SAPPHIRE (No Longer Open)
-siss boom-floribunda navy dress  ● Location: The Dancing Rabbit Cafe (Moderate)

No comments:

Post a Comment