Why Do I Blog Meme?

My Writings,Strawberry Singh,Blogs,Inquiring Minds Want To Know,Ameba Pico,Catero Revolution,


Oh Lord, I have missed so many of Strawberry Singh's memes that I feel so ashamed.
However, this particular one I can't dare to skip. This one is close to the heart. Blogging is my passion
therefore this meme is very special to me. So, if you are interested in knowing why I am into blogging,
get comfy and be prepared to find out.

Here we go ;)

1. How long have you been blogging? 
For SecondLife since June 3, 2011, however, my blogging journey started back on July 24, 2010.

2. Why did you start blogging?
I was pressured, forced, and tied down to my chair by my good friend Catero Revolution
who threatened not to let me go unless I would write something for his Picostyle Blog.


Actually, I had no idea that I could write. Catero saw something in me that I had no idea I had. 
He saw potential to be a writer and helped me every step of the way. So in a way, 
my passion for blogging I owe it all to him.
Super love you Toh :P

3. How many times a week do you post an entry?
Did I mention already that blogging is my passion?
Oh lord, I would have to say 10 to 15 entries. I do post every day and sometimes 
even two or three times a day. My readers have often told me they can't keep up with me...
SuPeR LoVe YoU my beautiful readers ❤

4. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis?
There are so many that it is hard to say. There are a few though that I check on every day 
for example, some Feed blogs are very informative about what is new and what is happening 
in Second Life.  

5. Do you comment on other people's blogs?
I do!
Comments are an important part of the blogger so whenever I get a chance 
I like to leave a little note of recognition for the great job/article the blogger has done.

6. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have?
I do like checking at least twice a week to see if my readers haven't forgotten about me.
Fortunately, I see that they continue to be loyal and my audience continues to grow every day
which tells me I must be doing something right.

7. Did you ever regret a post that you wrote?
I write from the heart and often share with my readers things about my real life, and even though
I am never afraid to state my personal opinions or emotions, there have been two occasions 
that I have felt a bit reluctant with what I published.


First
Back in May 2011, I wrote a Howdy Partner! article in my Pico Perfect Blog 
where I was being more EMO than ever. Now when I read it I just say... 
"What the hell was I thinking?!" :P
Second
The other post was published in this blog a while back. I have always been tempted to do 
a completely nude and so I dressed up as an angel.... a nude angel that is, and took several shots, 
always making sure they looked classy, and posted them. Immediately I started feeling very 
uneasy and deleted the post minutes later. 

8. Do you think your readers have a true sense of who you are based on your blog?
Yes, they know how goofy and dramatic I can be, not only in SL but in real life as well :P
What they see in my blog is what they get. Laura, the real me is the one that pours her heart out 
in this blog, Lori Novo is just the tool I use to get my voice across.

9. Do you blog under your real name?
In a way I do, Lori is what most people call me in real life. Only very few call me Laura.

10.  Are there topics that you would never blog about?
I have a very important rule that I apply to my writing. I will NOT write anything negative 
about a person no matter the circumstances. However, some time ago I had a section in the blog
called "Jerks" where I would expose those that were not respectful to others. 
Only one female ever appeared in this category. It was to show fairness to both sexes.
But after giving it some thought, I decided that that kind of people/moments don't have room
in my blog. BTW, all those posts were removed except for one.

11. What is the theme/topic of your blog?
Oh gosh, I really don't know. I do a bit of everything, from fashion to exploring to events.
I don't like limiting myself to just one or a few subjects. Originally my blog was gonna be just 
about my exploring and the people I met along the way, never in my wildest dreams did I think 
I would be covering fashion someday. But one thing is for sure, it is a "musical" blog 
since I add a song to most of my posts. These are songs dedicated/suggested to me by my readers 
and friends ;)

12. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?
I have three.
SL: Lori Novo Blog: Which is this one, and the one I am 100% dedicated to.
Pico Perfect Blog: Where I write from time to time. The blog was based on the virtual world 
of Ameba Pico for kids. There I was known as sweetmom and Sweets*.  My main purpose in that blog
was to help kids with their problems. I was sort of a "Dear Abby" to them. Unfortunately, Ameba Pico
was shut down on December 17, 2012. 
Novo's Closet Blog: This is my private blog where I keep track of every single item in my SL inventory.
I have photos even of the smallest thing I own. 

13. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?
Blogging has helped me discover myself. But most importantly, not only does it give me 
the self-confidence that I lacked for years and fills me with a great sense of accomplishment, 
but it is therapeutic to me. It has helped me with my problem with depression and anxiety. 
I feel relaxed when I am blogging.

14. So, why do you continue to blog?
As I said before, it's my passion and my happy pill. It is a huge part of my life and one of the things that
have helped me overcome all my fears and depression.

This blog is my heart!  ❤

3 comments:

  1. I am in awe of the idea of a closet blog! I'd love to get a glimpse into that! And I'm soooo impressed you have one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha Cat is very good at persuasion and threats. I'm glad he got you to start blogging. Thanks for participating, it's nice to see your posts and learn more about you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. picsbypeep, I am crazy like that. This is what people with so much time in their hands do... LOL, jk ;) I will be making my "Closet Blog" public pretty soon. HuGs.

    Strawberry, Super love you chica. Thanks, Hugs.

    ReplyDelete