The Forest Event : Arte


The Old Woman and The Post Office... A Christmas Story

Chippenham George worked for the Post Office and his job was to process all the mail 
that had illegible addresses. One day just before Christmas, a letter landed on his desk simply 
addressed in shaky handwriting: 'To God'.  
With no other clue on the envelope, George opened the letter and read:

Dear God,
I am a 93-year-old widow living on the State pension.  
Yesterday someone stole my purse.  It had £100 in it, which was all the money 
I had in the world and no pension due until after Christmas.  
Next week is Christmas and I had invited two of my friends over for Christmas lunch.
Without that money, I have nothing to buy food with. I have no family to turn to, 
and you are my only hope.  God; can you please help me?

Chippenham George was really touched, and being kind-hearted, he put a copy of the letter upon the staff notice board 
at the main Fareham sorting office where he worked.  The letter touched the other postmen and they all dug into their pockets 
and had a whip round.  Between them they raised £95.  [$170 USD] Using an officially franked Post Office envelope, 
they sent the cash on to the old lady, and for the rest of the day, all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of the nice thing they had done.

Christmas came and went.  A few days later, another letter simply addressed to 'God' landed in the Sorting Office.  
Many of the postmen gathered around while George opened the letter.  It read,

Dear God,
How can I ever thank you enough for what you did for me? Because of your generosity, 
I was able to provide a lovely luncheon for my friends.  We had a very nice day, 
and I told my friends of your wonderful gift - in fact we haven't gotten over it and even Father John, 
our parish priest, is beside himself with joy.  By the way, there was £5 [$10 USD] missing. 
I think it must have been those thieving fellows at the Post Office.

George could not help musing on Oscar Wilde's quote: 
"A good deed never goes unpunished."
-Source

HaHa :P
I read this story a couple of years ago and never forgot it. I am so happy to share it with you now.
Happy Holidays my Beautiful People!
Mucho love,
Lori Novo


THE FOREST EVENT 
(Gallery / Flickr / FaceBook)
This event runs from the 21st of every month until the 5th of the following month. 
In The Forest, you will find 2 options to purchase the items:

Option One: Fatpack
Every month a group will be created for each round. 
You can purchase this ticket any time before or during the event 
and all the items at the event are yours to take. 
The group fee may vary depending on the amount of designers. 
Up to 20 Stores : 1.000 L Fee
20 to 25 Stores : 1.500 L Fee
25 to 30 Stores : 2.000 L Fee
***1000L for the month of December!

OptionTwo: Separate
You will also have the option of buying the products separately 
if you don't want to purchase the whole event fee.

Wearing from this new round
Glitter EyeShadow & Alexandra Lipstick
(Catwa Appliers)
by Arte

TAXI

Arte InWorld / MarketPlace / Flickr Official / Flickr Fan

CREDITS
Hair ~ Sky 214 ~ Rezology Mesh Hair
 Headpiece ~ Bellflower Crown [red] Gacha Item ~ Lode

No comments:

Post a Comment