The Headless Angel



Hello Beautiful World!

Welcome to
So I am very happy to say that we are starting our haunted houses/places in the right direction.
Deadman's Island is perfect for our first scary exploration this year. I chose to keep the already
selected wind-light setting for my pictures. All I did was slightly move around the bars within this
setting. It goes perfectly with this sim and the audio media which is totally creepy. This time I wasn't
able to socialize with any other visitors during my visit since everyone seemed to be very 
concentrated on exploring which goes to tell you how interesting this sim really is. Or perhaps I am
losing my touch when it comes to meeting/talking to people, hmmm? You should know that I
often go through my periods of shyness when I become a quiet loner, but don't worry, usually,
this doesn't last too long.

I had invited my good friend Darren to accompany me but as soon as he got there, he disappeared 
on me, in other words, he ran away. I think he was SCARED! :P Did I just say that? No, I didn't. Darreeeen Come Back!
Anyway, that made me realize that there are many people who are not into this sort of creepy stuff
which is very understandable. Some it may be due to their religion and others simply because like Darren,
they are SCARED! Oops, I did it again! :P


Another person that I know hates this kind of stuff, you know, the scary one is my Steppenwolf.
He too is like Darren, SCARED! Okay, I think I am starting to enjoy this too much, sorry Darren :P
However, with Steppenwolf, I can actually force him to join me and stay, unlike Darren.
I just have to keep my arms around him at all times to protect him from the monsters and witches,
and zombies, and vampires, and werewolves, and, WAIT! did someone say werewolves? My
Steppenwolf is actually a werewolf in Second Life did you know? He was also a pirate when I met
him but he gave it up once we started arguing all the time about him wanting to park his damn
pirate ship at our beach and blocking my sunsets. Okay, but going back to what I was saying before,
though my Steppenwolf hates all the scary stuff, he will still accompany me sometimes to explore
these sorts of places not because I force him like I said before (it was a little "j", joke) but because he
loves me, awww <3 Hopefully, you'll see him soon in one of these posts ;)

Now, after realizing that not everyone is into this kind of stuff, which I love. I have decided to
go easy on you because I love you. So instead of going too strong on my pictures like showing
too gruesome and demonic images, I'll try, notice I said "try", not to show much of that, but if I do
just close your eyes or look away.

From all the pictures I took during my visit, there are two that I wanted to point out to you.


The first one is of this ghost ship.
This is the Haunted Ship Project V.3 and you can actually get it for free at MarketPlace HERE.
The ship is not necessarily ghost-looking at first when you get it. You actually have to do some
simple and minor adjustments to get it to look like in this picture. 
The ship consists of three parts, (ship, gigantic tentacles, and furnishing) a total of 126 prims.
However, once you remove the tentacles and furnishings, the ship itself will be only 32 prims.
Once you have only the ship proceed to increase the transparency level, I kept mine at 70
and it looked perfect. And there you have it, a free wonderful piece to add to your ghost items
collection.

The next picture that I want to mention is the one below. It was my favorite one from all the pics
that I took and it will be the only one I'll be using to write a very short ghost story for you.
After that, it'll be just a gallery of my Deadman's Island images shown in the order that I took them.

Enjoy!


Her name was Sofia.
The most beautiful young girl in the village with long hair black as night and blue eyes as beautiful
as a heavenly sky. Her lips were ruby red and her cheeks were always rosy like the petals of a rose.
She had a heart so pure and her kindness to all was well known in the village. Unfortunately, all
this beauty attracted the envy of many of the other young girls there. One, in particular, Esme.
Esme was the daughter of the richest man in the village and while she possessed the best of
everything she wanted, beauty wasn't one of them.

Esme really didn't care much about having a heart as beautiful as Sofia's, all she wanted was her
physical beauty, so one day, she lured Sofia into the woods, and once there, she cut her head off
and took it to the witch's cabin where she had it replaced with hers. She then sneaked secretly 
into the village wearing Sofia's head and went into a deep sleep. Later that day, Sofia's headless body 
was found and buried while the whole village cried for her loss.

The next day, Esme woke up, and eager to see her new head she ran to the mirror and discovered
that not only Sofia's head had changed back again to her own, but now she looked uglier than before.
She screamed furiously and cursed the village and everything went grey. The sun hid behind the 
dark clouds never to be seen again and the birds' singing was replaced by thunder and lightning.
Esme soon felt regret for the curse but it was already too late. Seeing all the ugliness she had caused, 
she hung herself and was buried the very next day.

Soon after, the villagers forgot about Esme's death and no one ever visited her grave ever again,
while Sofia's grave was always covered with white roses that the villagers would leave for her
every day. Night after night, Esme's cries would echo through the night making the villagers
hide in their homes in fear, not daring to even look out of their windows. Her cries carried a lot 
of pain and loneliness and regret and her soul seemed never to find peace.

Then on one stormy night, Esme's soul begins to feel regret for having taken Sofia's life, and looking
up to the sky, she repeatedly asked for Sofia's forgiveness. Suddenly, a ray of light breaking through
the darkness appeared from the sky and a headless angel appeared before Esme. 
Esme fell to the ground and began to cry...
Don't cry anymore, the angel said, I am here for you, you will never be alone again.
I will come to you every night and keep you company, I promise you this.

The next morning, the villagers were awakened by the singing of the birds, and when they all ran 
outside they were greeted by the warm touch of the beautiful sunshine. The angel continued to visit
Esme every night to keep her company and so she was never, ever alone again.

The End.



Credits

No comments:

Post a Comment