Looking For Lars

EXPLORING SECOND LIFE


“I don’t want to know what time it is. I don’t want to know what day it is or where I am.
None of that matters.”
― Jon Krakauer




Lori & Sunny

The road was waiting to be weaved by our steps and with each turning of the wheel. Our main goal on that
day was to venture out in search of Lars, who we knew could be found on some remote road
asleep in the back of a van as it traveled with no defined destination.


Along the way, my loyal companion Sunny and I made a few stops to smell the roses, or in this case,
watch a paper boat navigate the flooded ditch that separated the dirt road from the wheat and Nanohana
fields. We watched it pass us by until it disappeared in the distance on the blue water, then again
appeared making its way to us again. Each time it happened, Sunny excitedly barked at it and seemed to
want to jump on it for a ride...

"Easy Sunny, you are too big for it!"


Our search for Lars had taken us to some faraway road on West 17 in Walch County.
It was North Dakota baby! Where the roads have no name and where castaway cars and buses
gather to rest looking up to the sky for the night bright stars and the shiny sun.

Welcome, this is Walsh County (General)

Sim's Description
... Uff da... it's North Dakota... or at least that little bit of it up in Walsh County. 
Come on over... I made a hotdish.  ***60 min auto-return*** Flickr


"Lars, is that you?"
Oh silly cat, it is you Loki Osiris (lokiosiris). My Lars is all black and you have touches of white.
HA, you almost fooled me!"
"WOOF WOOF! [Me Too]"

Now, it is not that Loki is not as good and beautiful as Lars, but my heart is profoundly set on Lars
and nothing will ever change that. But who is this Lars that I am searching for?


Lars is a three-year-old beautiful black cat who I absolutely adored. He melts my heart every time
he appears on screen. He was rescued at the age of two months from a No Kill Animal Shelter in
Los Angeles, California by YouTuber Mateo Bratton, who is hands down one of my favorite "Van Life
Youtuber"
 
"I Have Everything And Nothing At All
In 2022 I left my career in the LA music industry to take off on an adventure that I could have never
imagined, Van life! With my cat Lars. Come join us while we: explore amazing sites, meet great friends
and cook delicious meals! See you on the road!!! 🚀" -Mateo Bratton

Now, Mateo is one of the kindest people in the world. A man with a heart of gold.
You know, the kind that will share or give away his plate of food to someone else even if he has little or
none left for him to eat. And he does this always with a beautiful smile. He is the kind of man who
will stop in the middle of a busy road to save a turtle from getting run over. One thing Mateo and I have
in common is that we both are in search of something we love. It is just not the need
to roam freely in the world, but while I search for Lars, he searches for Banana Slugs, which he
absolutely loves. He sees them as if they are his friends, welcoming him and giving him good luck.

Mateo absolutely loves life, people, and animals and that may be one of the many reasons why he has
one of the fastest-growing channels on YouTube. Now, if you have a minute or two... ok more like
thirty-one minutes to spare, I have one of my many favorite videos from him where he shares his
motives for choosing this lifestyle and what it means to him, enjoy!


By the way, Mateo writes his own music and sings beautifully. Two of my favorite songs from him are
Pangea and Take Me Hiya which you can listen to in his Apple Music channel.
Please, if you like his content make sure to subscribe!



Now going back to Lars who is the superstar in my heart.
We search for him high and low. From the top of the power line poles, all the way to the muddiest
ground. But Lars was nowhere to be found.


Maybe someday, not too far away, I will find him playing
with all the other animals in the Rezz Room, black as night, with golden eyes and a face so sweet...

Click Us, We Don't Bite CRUNCH! Just Kidding :P

Then, it'll be the three of us, Sunny, Lars and me free like three little birds living our van life.


But our search for Lars didn't go in vain. Sunny made a few new friends along the way which is
something Mateo always does wherever he goes. 


And while we find our Lars, because I really want my own Lars in Second Life,
Sunny and I goofed around and had a lot of fun. We climbed trees and swam in the mud, ran and danced
in the wheat and Nanohana fields, and chased the cows. And got showered with insecticide spray
by the helicopter spraying the fields... Wait, What?! :O


Anyway, by the end of the day, we were exhausted so we sat quietly to watch the sunset,
while we scratched each other's back. "Omg Sunny, why are we so itchy and red?" 


Credits On Me
TRUTH Flutter - Redhead ● Ysoral ~~ .:Luxe  Lips Piercing Jonna:.(leL ) ● Tres Blah - Aspen Tunic Top
!APHORISM! - Jane BF Jeans Worn Vintage ● ::ROC:: Erica Boot

No comments:

Post a Comment