A Tear Behind The Smile


Not all dreams do come true and not every story has a happy ending. 
So many times I have gone through the pain of losing someone 
that I very much loved and held very close to my heart. 
But I have always found the strength within myself to pull through 
and continue my journey in life.

The pain for the loss has differed depending on how that person has touched my life.
Sometimes it hurts a little, but oh Lord, sometimes it hurts so much! 
This time, my loss was great and the only thing left was emptiness, regret, and sorrow. 
I was so affected that I felt the need to escape from the reality.

 And as always, I ran away, hid, and cried.
I spent a few days away from everything... 
from everyone and went to shelter myself in the arms of my solitude. 
I remained there feeling abandoned and helpless and somehow feeling sorry for myself...
what a shame!

Flickr

But after the storm, calmness comes and after the darkness, the light will reappear...
the light of hope. This light always seems too far away and almost unreachable.
It is understandable since I had fallen way deep into the darkness of sadness
and lost all hope. But thankfully I have never lost focus on that distant light.
And my goal is always to reach it no matter how hard the struggle or the time it requires.
It is well worth it.

I have two choices,
either stay in the darkness and die there, feeling empty, lonely, and sorry for myself,
or say ENOUGH!!! There is a life out there waiting for me
 and I refuse to waste away another day being a victim.
I am a survivor of every circumstance and I will pick myself up,
dry up my tears, and wear my best smile. I was born to be happy,
and I'll be damn if I let anyone stop that from happening.


Flickr

I only have one life to live, it is a blank canvas where I hold the brush
and decide how I want to paint on it. It is my canvas, my life, my right, my dreams.

I am the sole painter of this canvas... I am the artist!
I have decided that my painting will be a masterpiece,
full of color, life, and love.

The end of a dream doesn't mean the end of life. If a dream dies, dream another dream...
and another. Love, dream, live, and smile
 even when there are still tears in our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment