Dare To Be Different


I once read somewhere something 
that went like this,
"You laugh because I look different, 
but I laugh because you all look the same."


This statement couldn't be truer. 
The largest percentage of Avis in Second Life have been perfected 
down to the toenail. That is why when I see an Avi that doesn't fit the mold 
that most people have set for SL, I get very happy. 
I usually smile and think to myself, "You go, girl/boy!".


I seriously believe that these different type of Avis, the ones that dare 
to be different from the rest of us, are probably great looking and very secure about
themselves in real life. They don't have the need to over-do their Avis to perfection 
and that is why they are not afraid to break SL's mold of a beautiful Avi.
I am not saying that behind every beautiful Avi hides an ugly or insecure human, 
don't get me wrong. But many try to make up for looks in SL that they may be lacking in RL.
And why not! Second Life was created to be whatever we want and look as we please.


But I always find it so funny when I have a beautiful Avi standing in front of me 
and when they share with me their RL photo I usually go, 
"Huh, what, what just happened here?". 
Don't worry, I am not a shallow person. I am very aware that most Avi's do not
 resemble their owners many times, but I still can't help to find it so funny.


I have to say, though, that from all the people I have met so far, Kuro Okami (Lucy)'s Avi 
has to be the ONLY one that really resembles her 100%. 
And on the other hand, Grubby's Avi doesn't do justice to the real person, 
he is absolutely gorgeous in real life ;) 
To all those that dare to be "beautiful" different in Second Life, 
MORE POWER TO YOU! <3