EXPLORING SL: Porto


DESTINATION:
Delicatessen Petrified
owned by mello Minotaur
Location: Porto (128, 128, 0)
Maturity: Moderate

Description:
Floating islands, like a Roger Dean Album Cover, idle over the sparse landscape each containing
diorama of hunting and unsettling sculptures. Your fight-or-flight reflex will kick in as your brain
struggles to make sense of the bizarre scenes.


Wear your Flight Feather
for you will have to fly high and low
for the floating islands that invade the sky.

The first one I encountered
is what I call the Island of the Bees
where their angry buzzing will leave deafness to your ears.

My own representation of some humans...
Death or barely existing
Evil or not very kind.
Haven't they realized
that there is a better way of being ALIVE?


How many faces do you have?
Are you the same with every person you meet?
This island seems to me
to represent all the sides of the human being.
Sweet and kind
and yet sometimes a bit cruel and evil.
But if you are like this phantom floating island
Keep in mind that people will at one point see right through you.
So stay good.

Sometimes sweetness can be deceiving
and what seems to be gentle has a harsh side.
These type of people feed on the trusting hearts
of those who give them their love.


Holding all the weight of the past
that many people seem not to be able to let go of,
they spend a whole life stuck in that hurtful time
as they drown themselves with the tears...
tears of bad memories and heartbreaks and broken dreams.
And these tears seem not to have an end...

Open your eyes for goodness sake!
Look around and you will see there is a whole wide world of hope
with beautiful blue oceans and golden sunsets
just for you <3

Island of the sweet babies
that for some reason have gotten stuck in the clouds. 
Are these the spirits of the infants, 
that couldn't reach the heavens above?

What has caused such a tragedy?
Why can't they break free and fly?


As soon as my feet touched the land below these six floating islands 
I have shown you so far,
I came across three little spirits.
Each carrying a bunch of fresh white flowers
in such hurry to notice of my existence.


Is this where those little spirits are heading?
Is this their mom that is calling to them?
By playing sweet lullabies on her violin
to guide her little-lost ones her way.




Island of the ghost white piano,
plays notes in my head of those memories
that I have tried in vain to forget
but they manage
to come back so cruelly to haunt me.


Not too far away
the log people happily twist and turn
all tangled up into each other.


Death and decomposing of the souls
blends into the thick fog and the ocean's waters.
Rising to the top skulls of those who dare to play with the forbidden
are there as a reminder to all of us that all our wrong actions
will be punished and we must pay the price.

For a split second, I jump into
these "sin and punishment" infested waters.
In a desperate intent to wash away my sin
and leave behind what torments me.
All my wrongs will remain in here.


Guide me and show me the way.
Take me out of the mists of uncertainty
For sometimes overwhelm blinds me,
and I can very easily get lost in the darkness.


Dress in red the crow awaits
for his true love to return.
She at the birth of dawn has left his side
without even a merciful goodbye.

Crow don't you know
that once love dies there is no turning back.
It is time to let go...
she is never coming back.


Life is like walking through a forest
Sometimes the way is hard.
There are moments that the woods get so thick
and it darkens the world around us.
But don't you ever give up
there is always a way out.
Just keep looking up into the sky
and you will see the light.


Not always a big mansion will make you happier
or a looking-cozy house.
Is not the structure that gives it the meaning
Is the hearts of the people that create a home.


Four walls are the keepers
of the people that live in them.
The rest of us will never be aware 
of the truth that dwells in there.
So don't be easy to judge others,
You really don't know the truth.
You had to live within their walls
to understand their world.

For as they say
"Each Head Is A World"


Before I leave you
I will show you one more thing.
This one is what I call the Nature Island
where the deer peacefully roam the land...


... and where we are taught to embrace and love nature
with our actions every day,
By not polluting or destroying
But protecting what we have.
God made the Earth for all of us
and it is our home.
Let's keep it clean and healthy
Let's be thankful to our Lord.