The Golden Ballroom


I have been wanting for a long time to write about Japan, Tempura Island, and share with you how
amazing this magical place really is. Now, finally, the time has come. I will share with you every single
corner down to the most hidden places of this magical place. As I mentioned yesterday, I go there every
day even if it's just for a few minutes and every time it feels like the first time,
overwhelmed by so much beauty.



In order to give Tempura Island proper justice, I plan to break it into different posts.
Showing each time a section with several photos and as best described as possible.
Yesterday, I showed you the Tai Chi and Meditation circles, 
great spots for relaxation and meeting great people.

Today, I present to you the beautiful and breathtaking golden palace/ballroom.
However, I have decided to do it in parts. There are many private spots for lovers all over this place.

Now, let us focus mainly on the dancing area of this amazing structure.


Making your way through the long carpet-covered stairways that are above Tempura's 
crystal blue waters, you can get an idea of what awaits you behind the golden doors.  
This is what I describe as "The Stairways to Heaven".


The ballroom is grand, elegant, and inviting.
It has been so beautifully created in golden tones.

Believe it or not, yesterday was my second time being inside since I started Second Life. The first time
my feet touched this elegant floor was almost at the beginning of my SL journey. I received an IM from
Good Monster asking me permission to take my photo. I was exploring Tempura's grounds and he had
been watching me. Creepy, you might say? Not at all! Good Monster was indeed a good person.
Mysterious and a bit scary looking since he wore Phantom of The Opera clothing with very long white
hair, but with a kind and gentle heart. I granted him permission for the photos which later I discovered
in his Flickr collection. Later that day, we accidentally ran into each other and that is when he invited
me to dance. Here, within these golden walls, Good Monster and I had our first and only dance. That
was almost a year ago.


I noticed that many of Tempura's visitors head right away for the golden ballroom as soon as they
appear at the arriving circle. You may find a beautiful girl or a handsome gentleman standing and
waiting to find a dance partner. Last night, after Bibo left, I stayed behind for some Tai Chi and solo
dancing. This time, however, my solo dancing didn't last too long. My new friend Steppen, 
whom I had just met at the Tai Chi circle suddenly appeared and asked why was I dancing alone.

"But I do it all the time... anywhere, I don't mind."
I responded.

But he thought it was a crime to let a lady dance by herself and before I had a chance to ask him to
accompany me, he had jumped in and we danced a couple of songs before I headed to bed.


Gowns and tuxedos are not required.
There is no dressing code to enter the ballroom, which in a way is good. Tempura is visited every day
by many new SL comers and actually, most of them still won't have appropriate ballroom attire in their
inventories. Still, seeing the ladies adorning their beauty with the big gowns and the gallant, handsome
gentlemen wearing with pride elegant tuxedos would add more beauty to this place, if that is in any way
possible. Actually, I take that back. Tempura's ballroom is already beautiful enough. <3


Dancing and meeting new people is the main purpose of this beautiful ballroom. 
If you are in need of a  dance partner, the main dancing floor is a good place to meet the singles.
However, if you already have one and prefer a more private dancing area, one of the many balconies
that are all around will be your best option. One thing is for sure, this is a magical place filled with
romance. Just wear your best smile and let the magic happen.


CREDITS
On Lori Novo
GOWN: XMas Gown Gift 2 by Vero Modero
HAIR: Argenina Onyx by Osmose
SKIN: Elle Dark SK by Belleza
MASK: Le Fleur by Illusions
JEWELRY: Bloody Queen Set by Alienbear Designs
NAILS: Daphne by Virtual Impressions
On Bibo Novo
CLOTHING: Utopia Anton by Saby Clary
HAIR: Jackson by Exile