Autumn Rain... for my Mother



It was on a beautiful
autumn afternoon
and while driving to my mother's house
that I saw
a beautiful rain of falling leaves.

I had reached a four-way stop on the road
and while waiting for my turn to proceed
I felt the soft breeze of the afternoon...

My truck's windows were rolled down
and the music on my radio was playing very low,
letting me listen to the sound of the leaves
as they started to fall down.

The leaves from the tall trees
fell so gently over me,
it was like a magical moment
as if they had been waiting
to gift to me such a glorious shower of nature's love.

I remained still, for a while at the corner of the road
missing my turn to proceed several times.
I couldn't part my eyes from what was happening...
I never wanted that moment to end.

-Lori Novo

This was on the last autumn my mother was still alive.
Hello beautiful world and a Happy Thanksgiving!
There are so many things to be thankful for...
life, love, family, friends and beautiful memories like the one I just shared with you.
Today, I am especially thankful for my mother, 
that even though she is no longer on this earth with us, 
now she lives among the angels and watches over me.
I spent her last Thanksgiving with her and we had planned to prepare
the turkey in a different way for the next year. She was very excited about the idea.
However, we didn't get the chance for a "next year" so I still went on and carried with 
our plans last year and today. 
This day and this blog post are dedicated to her.

Thanks for reading!
Mucho Amor,
Lori Novo

Credits
Hair ~ Linda ~ Phoenix 50% Off Black Friday Sale (Ends Nov. 25)
Lip Color ~ Sativa Lipstick (Catwa) ~ Just Magnetized
Jewelry ~ Child of Song Set ~ Chop Zuey
Top *NEW ~ Camellia Sweater (Maitreya) ~ Nerido @ Tannenbaum Event (Ends Dec. 22 - Gallery)
Catwa Head
Maitreya Mesh Body 
Model & Photographer Lori Novo


My Chop Zuey Inventory  Designer Belle Roussel
My Nerido Inventory ● Designer Lina Nerido

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful and very touching. Happy thanksgiving to you! How was the turkey?

    ReplyDelete