The Humming Captain


Once I saw a strong man,
in the middle of a forest
showering with sunshine
as he hummed a little song...

His voice was deep
and very calming...

I watched him from a distance,
as he continued humming.

He was attentively watching
butterflies go from flower to flower.
And gently with his finger,
he would point at them to count them.

Hmmmm, mmmm, hmmmm, mmmm...

With his finger, he counted
one
two
three
four
five butterflies.
And on every five he would stand up and applaud them.
Then he would dance in a circle
and again he would sit down.

Hmmmm, mmmm, hmmmm, mmmm...

He kept doing this for some time.
Filling me with wonder.

Dear sir, what is your name?
And why do you applaud and dance 
after every five butterflies that you have counted?

Hmmmm, mmmm, hmmmm, mmmm...

Hello, I am Captain Edward.
I come here every day
to feel the sun and count my blessings.
See that one?
and that one?
They each remind me of a blessing.
I count them by five and five and five,
Until I have reached five hundred.

Then he sat back down...

Hmmmm, mmmm, hmmmm, mmmm...

So I sat by his side and begin to hum and count my blessings...

Soft Humming Only, Soothing Singing for Sleep, Relaxation, Meditation    Captain Edward Kenway   capitanbarbasucia

No comments:

Post a Comment