Telenovela ๐Ÿ’‹ The Prohibited Kiss


As I promise! Here it goes...



I had just turned thirteen when I got my first kiss, yes, with a girl. Her name was Isabel and she was
one of my two best friends at the time. Before the kiss, or better said, the kisses happened, we had been
at her house folding clothes that her mother had dropped on us to fold while she watched a Mexican
soap opera. There was a lot of heavy kissing going on almost in every scene, and yes, also
a lot of drama just as is expected in telenovelas...


Yeah, I know, I know. Funny! :P
Anyway, every time a kissing scene would come up my friend Isabel and I would giggle
and ewww'ed. After a while, her mother began to feel irritated by our constant giggles that would
erupt into laughter distracting her from her soap opera. She finally screamed at us to leave the room
so we left to my grandmother's house which was just across the street and set in the backyard under
a tree. We continued to laugh thinking about how funny and gross the kissing scenes were and
suddenly we realized something, neither one of us knew how to kiss. We knew boys would be
coming into the picture sometime so we thought it would be good to learn how to kiss them. :P

Isabel suddenly came up with the brilliant idea of practicing a kiss with each other. So the practicing
began not knowing really what we were doing. Since it didn't feel right we continued to practice
different ways but instead of feeling like something nice, it felt more gross than anything else. As we
continued trying to figure out which was the right way to do it, I suddenly was pulled away from Isabel
from one of my braids, it was my grandmother who had caught us in action, LOL.
Isabel ran away while my grandmother, with a good grip on my braid, kept slapping the top of
my head as she pulled me into the house. She was so angry and kept screaming at me in 
what sounded like tongues since I really couldn't understand a single word she was saying. I was crying,
just like in the telenovela scenes I had just watched minutes before, and trying to explain that Isabel and
I were not really kissing. Finally, once in the house my grandmother let go of my braid (OUCH) and
said she would be telling my mother about it when she came back home, then she walked across the
street to Isabel's house.

I climbed into bed and got under the blanket not wanting to come out for the rest of the day and cried
and cried. Finally, I fell asleep. Later in the evening, I woke up when I heard my mother's voice
calling out my name as she opened the door when she got back from work. I pretended to be asleep
still completely under the blanket. I then heard my grandmother talking to her and I began to cry,
silently, I was so scared. But my mother didn't say anything to me, on that night or ever about what
I had done.

Isabel however wasn't that lucky, she did get spanked, first by her mother, then later by her father,
and wasn't allowed to be my friend anymore. But we had been friends for many years so we continued
our friendship secretly until her parents gave up and removed the punishment. Needless to say, my
friendship with Isabel continued into adulthood, beautiful as always but without any brilliant ideas
like the one we had on that kissing day. We actually never spoke a word about that subject again.
Like it never happened.

So for me, we weren't really kissing, so it doesn't count.
Right?


Credits
S&P Roxanne Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment