At The Crossroads


My heart breaks into a million pieces each time.
But I am a warrior, with the strength of a dozen women.
Yet, never heartless to the heart's emotions.


Hardened by the pain, and softened by my love for life.
I continue to walk in the rain.
Finding the beginning of a new chapter
each time I come to a crossroads.
And my story will be a happy or sad one.
Depending on the path I decide to follow.
However, I never know which path is the right one
and that is how I have made so many mistakes.
Costly mistakes that I rather forget
because they make me feel regretful and ashamed.


And I understand there are lessons to be learned
with every encounter, experience, and journey.
But oh how I wish I could retract my steps from some experiences
to avoid the dark skies and endless cruel rains.


But as time passes by, I continue to learn
how to shield myself by building up my walls
higher, much higher, and stronger when necessary.
And I have learned when it is safe to bring those walls
down to let the sunshine in and walk down life's path again.
And that is when a new life begins every time I reach a crossroads.

Thanks For Reading
XOX

Credits On Me
WINGS-EF0208-HAIR ● STOP-Poncho With T-shirt-White and Pink ● friday - Lennon Boots (Earth)
KUNGLERS - Ezra Earrings ● KUNGLERS - Bruna Necklace ● KUNGLERS - Ethel Bracelet

No comments:

Post a Comment