Oh Mia Bella Italia


"Take the artworks of Botticelli, Leonardo da Vinci, Michelangelo, 
Tintoretto, and Caravaggio, the operas of Verdi and Puccini, the cinema 
of Federico Fellini, add the architecture of Venice,
Florence and Rome and you have a fraction of Italy's treasures
from over the centuries."


For many years, my biggest dream in life has been to visit Italy with my daughter.
My daughter and I have many times planned how we will visit this beautiful country 
when she graduates from high school. I think taking this trip together 
with her before she goes away to college will be very special for both of us. 
We still have a few years to save up and make our dream trip come true.


But for now, I am happy to be able to visit Second Life's old Italy. 
This Sim is a recreation of a small Italian village where various shops can be also found.
There are many beautiful gardens throughout the land. The music that can be heard 
while you visit is absolutely beautiful. One truly feels as you are in the real world.
A funny thing happened to me during my visit. As I was going up the steps on a hill, 
I suddenly fell into the water and couldn't find my way out. I kept looking for any 
opening or crack that I could squeeze up. However, I kept hitting dead ends. 
 had been struggling for a while and as I was about to teleport myself to another area
 and just come back again, I get an IM.
"Do you need help?", 

it was from  Moin Yost that had seen me fall into the water and knew I was in trouble. 
He said he had been watching me take pictures and told me that he thought my dress was
very pretty. I asked him if he laughed when he noticed I couldn't get out, 
he said he wouldn't laugh at my misfortune. I just replied, "Why not, I did!" :P


A very interesting thing I noticed during my visit was the presence of the Tree Man. 
This is actually a real person that seems to live in the trees. I noticed that he kept 
following me, but always keeping a distance. One must carefully look to be able to see
this interesting character since he blends perfectly with his green surroundings. 
He moves around but only among the trees, as if he parts from them
he would cease to exist. Just like fish out of the water.

PHOTOS LOCATION: LaPerla II - old Italy, FuriZona