Too Hot


What is the worst thing that can happen to you 
when the weather is above 100°F?

If you guessed hearing a rumbling sound coming from your air-conditioner,
 you got it right!!!  The darn unit broke down on me now that these days are hot as hell. 
And to top it off I called Sears to set up an appointment and the "nice" lady
 at the other end of the line sitting at her desk, maybe even wearing a light sweater
 because of how cool her working environment tells me, 
"Ma'am, the next available opening for our technicians to be out there is in ten days".
Oh no, you did not just say that!!! 
What am I supposed to do for ten days, stick my head in the freezer?

Now I had no choice but to take that date and pray for a cold front... Hey!!! 
I believe in miracles. Anyways, I sit to watch my local news, wearing shorts 
and a light tee rolled up as far as I can to my chest, windows wide opened but still
sweating uncontrollably and what do I see on the weather report, over 100°F 
for the next five days. You gotta be kidding me!!! 
The "cool" reporter then has the audacity to say....
"If you don't need to go out, stay indoors to protect yourselves from the heat."
Hey reporter lady, why don't you come over to my house for a nice hot cup of tea :P


Now my freezer is filled with Popsicles and ice, and I keep hitting the shower
 like every two hours while filling the tub every night but instead of taking bubble baths
I am seriously taking an ice bath. The heat is so bad that if I leave kernels on my kitchen
counter when I return, I find popcorn.

However, we must see the bright side of every misfortune and luckily this unexpected 
"break down" has brought my kids and me closer. We hang out in the backyard 
at least for a while in out tiny bitty pool or just getting each other wet with the water hose.
 I was also forced to get an air-condition window unit for my daughter's room 
so at least, at nights, we can sleep cool. Sleeping with her all these nights has been
great.... it's like having slumber parties every night with my best friends <333