EXPLORING SL: The North Pole's Mountain


Today I visited Second Life's 
The North Pole Sleigh-Ride Adventure!
The arriving point to The North Pole will land you on a snowy
mountaintop. There, you will be greeted with a hot cup of
chocolate and a warm blanket to cover yourself if you decide to
take the sleigh ride, pulled by a beautiful white horse, into town.
Christmas Carols fill the air with the holiday's spirit while occasional 
           gusts of snowy wind blend beautifully with the music.


I, however, recommend that you make your way down this
beautiful mountain by foot. There are many wonderful things
down the way that can be better appreciated if you take the time to
look. This family of deer standing by the mountain's side seemed
to be fascinated by the constant number of visitors.


The chilly mountain's breeze that brings down a light rain of snow
is just one of the many wonderful features that the mountain has
to offer to all visitors. People enjoying a sleigh-ride, repeatedly
make their way down into town as they enjoy the breathtaking
scenery that has been carpeted by the white snow. Sparkling silver
lights from the cold ocean's water seem to pop-out as the rays of
the sun touch the surface of the water.


A variety of animals inhabit the area and can be easily spotted
going about their day. This polar bear, tired after searching for
food, had not made his way into his cave and dropped halfway
with exhaustion.

It is easy getting caught between a race down a hill by the forest's animals
 since they are everywhere and always seem to be in a playful mood. 
It has to be the holiday's spirit that can be felt everywhere making 
everything so jolly.


Once you make your way into the cave, you will find a group of friends 
made up by friendly penguins and polar bears, either dancing around to the Christmas 
music or fishing. They seemed not to be disturbed at all by the occasional 
sleigh-rides that make their way across through the cave.



Keep in mind that this is the North Pole, 
so don't be surprised if you come upon some elves taking a small break from Santa's workshop. 
This group of friendly elves seemed to be in the adventurous mood 
and had decided to climb up this cave's entrance.

A Gingerbread house stands as a greeting point into Santa's town that is not too far away. 
Its garden consists of candy canes and gummy drops that make this place sweetly colorful.


I was so glad to find a snowman wearing RED.


Ok, this candy-apple is mine!!!

The animals that inhabit this place always seem to be in a playful fun mood. 
A group of penguins was having the time of their lives building this snowman.

I found the perfect candy cane to hang on my Christmas tree. 
However, it was way too big that I was having a hard time carrying it back home with me.


Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer looked so cute with his shiny nose 
that I just had to kiss it. Thankfully it was nicely warm due to all that blinkering.


Not completely satisfied with just a kiss, 
Rudolph insisted on taking me for a ride. 
I had to hold on tight since he was running too fast for me and I almost fell off many times.


As I was sitting with the snow-people, 
Tanya joined me for a while.


After all the exploring and fun coming down the mountain and making a lot of animal friends, 
it was nice to sit and relax. I enjoyed a hot cup of chocolate 
as I looked at the icy lake, shimmering like a crystal rainbow.


This was the North Pole's mountain. 
I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. Tomorrow, I will be arriving in  Santa's town <3