Being Careful Is Not Enough


Yesterday I was finally able to purchase some Linden dollars after having to wait until I could afford them. 
I had been visiting several stores in Second Life and making a list of what I wanted to get. I knew that May 8 
would be the day I would be treating myself to a few pretty things since I had been saving my hard-earned money 
and cutting on a few things i real life. I was counting the days, and finally, May 8 had arrived!

You can just imagine my excitement.

Last night I start getting a couple of things from my "Things I Want" list but since it was already late at night, 
I decided to go to bed and continue today.

But this morning, as I tried to log in to Second Life a window started popping up saying to enter the correct password. 
I started panicking since this is now the second time it happens to me. I kept trying and trying but failing in every intent. 
I then proceed to change my password since that is what solved the problem the last time. 
After doing so, I was finally able to get in.

Thinking the worse I check my inventory, my home, and even my Avatar. 
Everything seemed to be OK and I felt relieved. I then opened my "Things I Want" list to continue with my shopping for the remaining items that I was planning on getting. Cheo soon met with me and as we are talking I see in horror that my L$ balance was at ZERO. But how could that be? 
Just last night I had a good amount of Lindens.  At first, we thought that it was just a SL error so we start doing everything we could think of to see if it would change. I even logged in and out 
several times to see if that would work.

The balance remained the same, L$0


I then checked my Transaction History and there I found where all my Lindens had gone. 
It seems someone had the liberty of taking them as a gift from me without asking!

Destination: chikaplaton
Gift
Region: Fathom

I have always taken all the precautions so this would never happen to me.
 I never accept anything from strangers. I have even become so paranoid with all the hacking that has
been going around that I have even stopped answering IMs from people I don't know, but
unfortunately, this was still able to happen.

I like to help out people when I can and many times share the little or a lot that I have with those around me. 
Yes, I am bothered by people that ask for money, but at this point and what Second Life has become,
I have more respect for a beggar than a thief.

chikaplaton
You have been reported!

I hope you enjoyed my hard-earned money and I only hope you needed it more than I do.
Just one question for you, don't you have any shame? And some advice, work and have some pride!
God bless you!