The Bardic Circle

Sairi Matova and WriterOfPoetry Oceanlane

Tuesday nights are very special to me. Those are the nights when a group of very talented friends gather around
 the Bardic Circle and we get to share or simply enjoy listening to each others writings in the form of poems and stories. Sharing our own work is not necessarily a rule, we can always choose to share any poem/story from someone else as long as credit is properly given to the author.
WriterOfPoetry Oceanlane is the Host the Bardic Circle and together with his beautiful wife 
Sairi Matova they do an excellent job in keeping us interested and wanting to come back. He will open every Tuesday's gathering with these same words followed by him reciting the first poem of the night, always an amazing poem of his own and then his wife will follow.
"Welcome friends, welcome to the weekly Bardic reading, we gather as the ancients do, around the campfire, "

He then will continue to call out one by one the names of those who wish to share something with the group. At the end and before any farewells are given, he will select five people from the group. Each one is asked to give a word. These five words are to be used in a poem/story if we wish for our next Tuesday meeting.

Last night I sat in the circle not only as a spectator but gather the courage for the very first time to share a poem I wrote while I was on my vacation.


Hope has been cast upon my broken heart
Where betrayal no longer shadows the way.
I have finally freed my weary soul and now
New dreams stand out against the grayish days.

My mind now sings a happy tune,
Played only by pleasant memories.
One hundred kind words my ears get drunk on
From all sincere hearts that speak to me.

The sun no longer hides its face
But showers me with its glorious beams.
Giving me gifts of endless joy and love,
To share with every good soul I meet.

No limits have been posed on my new found contentment,
Now that I have grown strong courage wings.
To help me fly on my new life's journey
Carrying God's love and peace within me.
Ocean (oceanis)

"Oh what a joyous night!"
Courage was not the only thing I found last night in the circle. There were also tears of happiness, laughter and love.
Someone very special to me accepted my invitation to accompany me and my friends to yesterday's gathering. Not only did he gladly accept but surprised me when minutes before we left to the circle wrote a poem for me and shared it with the group. You can just imagine what an ocean of tears I became by such beautiful gift. I was so touched by his words.


My Angel
I sat alone. And now I stand tall.

Holding the hand of an angel that won't let me fall.
The sky bright and blue when before it was black.
She keeps me moving forward to never look back.
I used to sit alone. And now I stand tall.
With my beautiful angel, who gives me her all.
~by Ocean

My brother Java Junibalya hasn't shared anything with the group as far as I can remember. He is absolutely an amazing and hilarious writer and I don't know what is stopping him from doing so. Maybe I can persuade him to at least write a "Roses are Res, Violets are blue" poem with a little Java twist in it. I bet that if he does, all Second Life will be hearing our laughter.

Did I just say laughter?

Laughter was provided by M'Lady Queen Adeen who stole the night with her cute appearance. She sort of stuffed her beautiful queen image into a Sock Monkey for days now and has been stealing hearts away everywhere she goes. Mmmm, I wonder if my brother Java doesn't feel a bit jealous with all the attention she's been getting from the guys ;)

When she stood up last night and proceeded to share her poem with us, it was impossible for me to pay any attention to a single word she was saying. All my attention was on her adorable appearance and as she started walking around the circle, always stopping in front of each one of us while reciting, laughter came over me to the point that I couldn't stop laughing. My son at one point rushed into the room to see what was making me laugh so much. Once he saw the cause, he too joined me and kept repeating over and over again... "She is so cute!"
Don't get me wrong, I do have the up most respect for M'Lady Queen Adeen and for her tremendous writing skills. But honestly, how can anyone keep a straight face when you see a Sock Monkey among poets walking around all seriously reciting a beautiful poem. Not only that, but picture this, a Sock Monkey walking around and struggling to climb on everyone present as we are trying to pay attention to her poem. At the end, she embraced each and everyone of us in a warmest hug <3


Here is Adeen's last night's poem.... enjoy.
She looks down at the material. Trying to decide what to do with the brown, pink, white, black and red pieces. .. She takes them up and arranges them into a special treat that she knows not who will receive. .. Taking each piece and sewing them with care and love. She places a little red heart into the chest of the one she prepares. .. The words of mouth that are being told about town of a family that lives in a rickety old house. .. How they have to move the child and the parents out. .. They say that everything is destructible. .. The lives of a family balk at the thought of having to leave the only place they call home. For the safety of all they leave with little to carry in hand. .. While the depart the town gathers to watch yet another having to leave and find a spot in the fields to live. .. People gather what little they have to help the family as best as they could for the times were not of riches and good wealth. The little extra food they had they gave to the family that was in dire need . .. The family found a spot in the field to call home for the time being. The father gathered what little wood he could find to light and bring a little warmth to his family for the night. .. The next morning father walks back to the town to see if there is anything he can gather for his family to have. He remember the night of crying from his daughter for she had not her doll to comfort and keep her during the night. .. On the way out of town he stops by a window looking in at all the different items the seamstress has for sale. .. The seamstress see the father looking at the items in her window and walks to the outside to talk with the displaced man. .. She finds out where they have gone to live for the time being. Then bids the man fair thee well. .. As night approaches the seamstress closes up her shop for the night and heads to the open field the man had told her about. .. She asks if it be alright to visit the make shift living area. As she sits and talks to the family and she hands out what little amount of clothing she had to them. .. as she is reaching into her back of goodies the Parents thank her for what she has given them and they are worth a kings gold to them. .. Smiling she had one last gift to give to the young little girl so her tears go away. She pulls out the little sock money she had made. hands it to the little girls. Watching her eyes light up with joy hugging it so tightly . .. What scintillating words come from the little girl to the sock monkey. Telling it all about what happened to her and her family and how they live in a open field till one day they will have another house to go to that the sock monkey will go live in also. She holds out the sock monkey to take and hug . Each adult takes a hold of it and hugs it as all the joys of being together and alive and happiness spread. .. On this night There is joy, love, happiness amongst us all and to share that feeling witheach and every one of you. .. As my story ends i wish to hug each and everyone of you for that is the way to spread the happiness.