It's A Small Crime And I've Got No Excuse

Featuring eXxEsS


Hello Beautiful World!
I recently found myself in the middle of a very interesting, and controversial conversation where
people were split in half with their opinion on the matter. At first, I was just listening to everyone,
just quietly standing on the sideline until someone noticed me and made my presence notice 
when she asked me the question everyone was so heated about when answering.

Is it considered cheating if someone has sex or a relationship in Second Life 
while they are already in one in real life?

I really wished no one had noticed me because most times I rather keep my 
opinions to myself, for example in politics and religion, these two can really start a riot in a swift.
However, I did give my opinion and of course, half of the group applauded me while the other half
booed me. :P

I  do believe it is cheating, 100% though many people in Second Life don't see it that way.
To be honest with you, when I first came to Second Life and I realized how normal it is for
some people to get involved sexually and/or emotionally with other people here while they
do have a significant other in RL, I was shocked! Perhaps this is because they feel that as long
it is not done in the physical world, then it is alright. For me, physical, virtual, or in whatever
world you are in, it is cheating!



But this was how I answered them;

Lori Novo: ok, let's put it this way. If what you are doing here with another person
like having sex or getting into a relationship and you feel the need to keep it a secret from your RL
significant other, then it is cheating.
Lori Novo: if what you are doing here with other people can hurt your significant 
other in rl if they were to find out, then it is cheating!

That was my answer and then I just walked away. I really didn't want to stick around any longer
because that was going to be an ongoing battle for at least an hour or two between the two 
groups and you know, I always try to avoid the drama that I really have no room for in my life.

But bottom line, to me it is cheating and I would dump the dude sooner than later if I was to
find out he was having a little fling in some virtual world. Been there, done that, and I am not about to
go down that road again. While there might not be real physical touching, there are still very intimate
moments exchanged with words, and as we all know, words carry a lot of weight, and they can surely
awaken all kinds of feelings, and feelings are all the same, here in SL, RL and in the next. :P
Faithfulness is something that when we truly love someone we can't just choose to leave it outside
while we step into a virtual world because we feel it doesn't apply there. 
But then again, that is just little me giving my personal opinion.

Thanks For Reading!
Much Love,
Lori Novo


Credits
Before & After (windblown) ~ EMO-tions
alaskametro<3 "Times Square" eyeshadow
Zaara : Sarika feather earrings *azure*
Pose - Ashley 2 - Verocity
Model & Photographer Lori Novo
Thanks to my wonderful ●Sponsors for their kind support!


eXxEsS In-World  MarketPlace ● FaceBook ● Flickr Official ● Flickr Fan
 Designer Layja Vidor ● My eXxEsS Inventory My eXxEsS Blog Posts

No comments:

Post a Comment