Lotus

FEATURING YASUM


 “The lotus is the most beautiful flower, whose petals open one by one.
But it will only grow in the mud.
In order to grow and gain wisdom, first you must have the mud --- 
the obstacles of life and its suffering... 
The mud speaks of the common ground that humans share,
no matter what our stations in life...
Whether we have it all or we have nothing,
we are all faced with the same obstacles: sadness, loss, illness, dying and death.
If we are to strive as human beings to gain more wisdom, more kindness and more compassion,
we must have the intention to grow as a lotus and open each petal one by one.”
― Goldie Hawn



Hello Beautiful Second Life!
I have a funny story to share with you about Yasum Designs, you know, that incredible store that we
all love so much for its amazing designs by designer Azlyn Vaher, whom I absolutely adored,
and I will tell you shortly the reason why this amazing designer melts my heart.
Let me start by saying that my love for Yasum Designs goes way back to my very early years in
Second Life, that would be in the year 2012, March 4th to be perfectly exact. I know this because I
blogged the very day I entered Yasum's doors for the very first time. HERE you can read that blog post.
After that day, Yasum became one of my favorite shopping spots to go shopping every time I had
Lindens to spend. Heck, I even had all my Lindens stolen while I was there shopping one day, but in
In my defense, I was very new in Second Life so I didn't know how to protect myself. Anyway, let me
tell you now why I think Mrs. Azlyn Vaher is not only one of the most talented and best designers in
Second Life, but this beautiful lady has a heart of gold, I tell you! She is absolutely generous and kind
and has all my respect and admiration, not that she didn't before, but now it's multiplied by a hundred.

Back at the beginning of this year, on January 1st. Mrs. Azlyn surprised us all with the Mega Sale of the
year by lowering her entire store to 90% off on all her beautiful designs, including new releases and
old gachas. Now, who does that?! Mrs. Azlyn does of course! 
Her reasoning for this incredible surprise was a gesture of gratitude to her customers and all
Second Life community. In her kindness and beautiful heart, she wanted to make it possible for
everyone to be able to afford new and beautiful clothes especially those people that were less
fortunate (Here). When I read her Mega Sale announcement I was so touched by her kindness that
I seriously wanted to hug her, but instead, I cried, for reals.

Now, I love shopping just as much as the next girl. However, I refuse to pay full price for the things I
like, so I only blog new releases that are being sent to me by the designers,
or gifted to me by friends or some of you my beautiful readers. The only times I am gladly willing
to pay the full price is when it is an item that comes from a kind and generous designer like Mrs. Azlyn,
Truth Hawks from Truth Hair, and Shena Neox from Poison Rouge just to name a few.
But that's the thing, there are just a very few designers who will go the extra mile for the kindness they
show to their customers like the ones I mentioned above. Now, paying full prices to these wonderful
designers is my way of supporting and thanking them for the kindness they give us.
So I say, give your full support to these kind designers who we know will in return do the same
creating a circle of kindness and support for each other.

Finally, I come to the funny story I want to share with you.
Since I have loved the Yasum brand since the beginning of time, one of my dreams as a blogger
was to one day be an official blogger for the brand. So some years ago, not really sure how many,
maybe five or eight :P, I applied for a blogging position with high hopes of being accepted.
Time passed and I never heard from them and felt saddened and somehow disappointed
but I continued to blog anything I could get my hands on from this brand. Then after a long time,
and I am talking maybe about two or more years later while going through my notecards,
of which I had thousands of them, and there it was, the notecard lost and never been read for years,
I had been accepted to blog for Yasum. They just needed me to get in contact with someone
so I could be added to the bloggers' group. Omg, you can just imagine, I cried and cried, for reals.
What was I supposed to do after years of not responding...
"Umm, hiiii, it's me Lori, OMG I am so excited! OMG thank you so much, where do I join? Are you here?" :P
Like really, what could I do? My chance was long gone, not even dust or smoke left behind. LOL!
But you know what is even funnier, Yasum wasn't the only brand I lost for not reading the notecards
sent to me, there were others. The only thing left to do was to laugh... and cry at the same time. :P

Me after reading the acceptance notecards from the designers years later... :(((


I tell you, life can be so sad sometimes, hehehe. :P
Anyway, I am wearing Yasum Designs new QUEENIE Collection available now at THE ARCADE EVENT.
(Ends September 30 - Gallery)

Thanks For Stopping By My Beautiful People!
Over and Out.
Lori Novo



Credits
1.Queeny -  Yasum RARE (Hair) ● 3.Queeny -  Yasum (Collar) ● 4.Queeny -  Yasum (Earrings)
Jack Spoon. Dream Noir Eyeliner Kit [EvoX BOM] * Bottom Lashes ● LSB - Shea Lip Gloss
Tville - Glorious Eyes HUD applier  [Lelutka] PACK3 ● ^^Swallow^^ Gauged XL for lel Evo X Ears
[BE] Beauty Essence - TRIBAL FACE Tattoo Special Edition ● <Glyph> Kendra Top

No comments:

Post a Comment