Hello!

May 27, 2011
My Writings,Friends,Grubby,*BELLEZA SKINS,Acts of Kindness,Catero Revolution,


It all started with a hello…

I was standing there barefoot and wearing a fairy costume while staring at the long wall 
of “Belleza” skins in front of me. I was sad and confused and feeling extremely angry at myself. 
“How could I have lost it, my precious skin”, was all I could think. 
I had searched over a dozen times my inventory list and I couldn’t find the skin 
that Catero had given to me. I looked at the prices for a new skin and I realized 
it would take me a while before I could afford a new one, but that was beside the point, 
my sadness wasn’t necessarily for the skin itself. It was because my good friend 
had given it to me and I had so carelessly lost it.

"Hello"
I finally gathered the courage to answer back the hello to this stranger that had interrupted me 
with an IM during my moment of sadness. He continued to say that my Avi was lovely, 
and all I could think was if he was being serious or joking. How could I possibly
look lovely if my hair was a mess and I had forgotten to put shoes on and the fairy costume 
that I was wearing had been a free item that looked more like a drawing 
on my body instead of real clothes, but worst of all I had the word "DEMO" written across
my forehead and chest. Yes, I was wearing a demo skin, that was all I could find 
in my inventory.

After we chatted for a while and I explained my situation to him, he somehow 
was able to sense how sad I really was and tried to help me find my skin in my in inventory. 
He guided me step by step and I searched for it once again.
Unfortunately, my skin was gone and that is when he very kindly offered 
to buy me a new one. He said he wanted to give me a small measure of happiness. 
But how could I ever accept? This was a stranger, sweet, but still, a stranger and the skin
was too expensive. He insisted and said to see it as a random act of kindness 
and all he asked in return was the promise that I would do the same by helping 
someone else with an act of kindness as he was doing with me.


My new skin

I accepted and asked him to be the one to choose the skin for me. 
He gladly accepted and proceeded to search the store for the perfect one. 
He asked me if I was ok with having freckles, I answered yes and after carefully 
searching the store, he showed me his three top picks and asked me which one 
I liked the best. Once I made my choice he let me know that was his favorite too. 
We were both very pleased when I put it on and before I left the Belleza store,
he sent me a friend request. I accepted knowing that I was letting into my life 
a kind and sweet man.


Lori Novo and Grubby

Now Grubby and I are very good friends. My dear friend recently bought 
a beautiful island and since he knows how much I love dancing, 
he is setting up a dance floor there just for us. I'd spent wonderful moments 
resting by his side in the solitude of this place. His island is private and only 
a few of us are able to visit it. I am very much honored that he has included me in this
special list of friends. Grubby makes me feel very special and I feel safe with him. 
I never thought I could trust anyone here in SL, but since the first time I met him 
that day at Belleza store which he sees as “ fate”, this amazing sweet man truly 
earned my trust and my respect.

Recently I had lost a friend that was very dear to my heart. No one will ever replace him. 
However, I’ve been blessed by the grace of God with a new wonderful friend 
that has come to brighten my days and my only wish is to see our friendship 
grow and grow every day. New friends are not meant to replace the old ones. 
You can’t replace or divide your love among your friends. 
The thing to do is multiply the love you feel for them and cherish them equally.
Grubby, thank you for everything, super love you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment