Dilemma Of The Day: The Red Gown

My Writings,Otis Gregan,Friends,Riyad Rozen,Lovers Cove,Catero Revolution,


What To Do... why does life have to be so difficult for me? 
My little head can't take it anymore when it comes to making big decisions. 
The dilemma of the day is... should I keep it or just toss it away. Perhaps donate 
it to a charitable cause. Maybe even give it to Otis Gregan since he likes it so much. 
If you are wondering what I am talking about, I am referring to my 
Women's "Divine" Red gown.

The other day I noticed that I am so close to having like a trillion items in my inventory 
and a "cleaning closet" was very necessary. I decided to start by my gown section 
since this is what I been getting a lot of lately. When I checked, I counted sixty-two 
of them. Most of them are gifts I got from my friends and store owners. 
I decided to start by getting rid of all those gowns that I got at "free" stores 
or the ones I got for L$1.

Most of these free-cheap gowns I had since I started Second Life a year ago. 
After I was done with those, I continued to check my other cheap ones and 
there it is where I found this one,. I bought this particular gown at a store where
 every item was L$20. Wow! back then that sounded like kind of expensive to me. 
Now, some of my gowns run from L$500 to L$1,000, a big jump I may say!


I remember the day I got it I was so excited that I couldn't wait to tell
 Catero Revolution what a great purchase I had made. When I told him how much 
I paid for it he laughed and proceeded to tell me that I shouldn't be getting cheap
 clothes because they looked cheap. I assured him that I had tried it and that I really 
thought it looked amazing. He laughed again and said... 
"With time you'll learn to tell the difference just by looking at it". 
Now, I have come to learn to appreciate the fine things in Second Life and I can tell 
the difference between a cheaper item and a designer one.
 Muah Catero, you were right ;)

Once I was done cleaning my gown section, the only cheap item that was left there 
was this one. I was determined to toss it away like the rest but not before 
taking a picture with it. But as I went from place to place looking for the right spot 
for the picture, I kept getting compliments from both men and women on how 
beautiful my dress was and how great I looked.

Then I remembered that the few times I had worn it, I have had this same kind 
of attention from people. Even like that one time not too long ago when Riyad Rozen
 took me dancing to Lovers Cove and I kept getting IMs from the moment we arrived 
til the moment we left. I even got an IM from a girl that wasn't even at our location :O

 She wanted to know where I had gotten my beautiful gown from.
As I was taking these pictures, Otis joined me and couldn't stop saying how great
 I looked. After I told him that I was getting rid of it once I took some pictures,
 he couldn't believe it...

"But why?
It looks amazing on you. You look beautiful. 
But if you feel you must, don't throw it away,
give it to me and I'll find it a good home."

Awww Otis that is so sweet of you, 
but I think now I may be having second thoughts :P

No comments:

Post a Comment