Everything and Nothing


So even though the views per day to the blog have doubled in the last weeks, 
and keep hitting the 300's, I was kind of feeling a little discouraged to continue. 
I was thinking what was the point. I felt my SL blog had nothing positive to offer 
to the readers like most other SL blogs do.

My writing skills are not as "fancy" as real writers are. I write simple, 
I never use fancy words or terms for my posts and my photo techniques 
need a lot of improvement. I don't use any advanced programs to retouch the pictures 
I take. I post them as they come out at the moment I take them. The only times 
I feel the need to retouch a photo is if it's showing something that may be 
offensive to my readers.

 But as I was getting ready to announce my retirement from blogging, 
I start receiving IMs from people complimenting me for the blog. There hasn't been
a day when I log into SL and not find Off-Line IMs, a gift or offers from someone 
that happened to read my blog and had liked it.


These are the three most asked questions 
I get from my readers concerning the blog.

ONE: What is SL: Lori Novo Blog about?
This blog is really about nothing in particular or special. 
It is not exclusively about Second Life. 
However, it is also about everything I may say. 
Everything in the sense that I will write anything I feel like writing about for the day. 
Fashion, a song, a friend, memories, a great placed I may have visited, 
you get the idea ;)

TWO: Why don't you have followers?
I actually do have followers and based on the views per day 
I want to believe it's around the 200's. 
I just don't like displaying the section where people can sign in to follow. 
I did have it opened at the beginning but decided to close it 
when I remember that originally the blog was intended to be private, 
but making it public came later and therefore the number of followers 
is really not important to me. 
I write silly and simple stuff because I love and enjoy doing it. 
I welcome anyone that wants to lose a few minutes of their
valuable time reading my silly stuff and sincerely appreciate all 
the kind people that check every day to see what new crazy thing 
I may have posted.

THREE: Why is there not a "comment" section for people 
to post their comments and opinions?
I do value and respect my readers' opinions and I would really love to hear from you, 
that is why I have added an e-mail address where you can write to me 
now and let me know what's on your mind.

~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~0~

Now that I have decided to continue my blogging journey, 
I will continue as I originally planned when I gave birth to the blog.
This blog is intended for me to enjoy and have fun with. 
It is for me to use it as a personal journal of the silly, 
sad and whatever moments that might happen to me 
here in Second Life, Real Life, 
and any other life there might be out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment