lil BiG me

Featuring
BOUDOIR


Dear Second Life,

Oh how I truly love the child Avatar!

I have always felt a special connection with children. Since my teen years, I loved surrounding myself
with children and telling them stories that I would make up on the spot. 
I guess I was kind of good at this because I could easily gather a crowd of at least 15 kids 
eager to hear my stories.
After, we would dance on the sidewalk in front of my aunt's house 
where it was our regular meeting spot. My love for children continued even after reaching adulthood.
I attended a university with the dream of becoming an elementary educator, 
all this while volunteering my free time to daycares. Unfortunately, 
due to some financial problems, I couldn't proceed with my studies.

Just a few years ago I started writing a blog for kids where I was known as SweetMom and Sweets*.
My blog was based on the virtual Ameba Pico game and I took on the role of a "Dear Abby"
for all these wonderful children that had problems so I would try to advise them as best as I could.
To be honest with you I was very surprised at the amount of mail I was getting asking me for help.
My advice to them was always based on the kind of advice I would give my own kids if they too were
having the same problems. Thankfully, my advice was able to help many of them.

Here's one of the many, Dear Sweets, posts that I wrote back then.

Unfortunately, Ameba Pico was closed but you can check out my Pico Blog 
where you will find the many wonderful memories I gathered with all these children.

But going back to the child avatar in SL, it is one of my favorite Avatars because it represents 
the innocence in all humans. Surprisingly, many people are more accepting of any other avatars 
rather than the child one. Personally, and due to my love for children,
I smile every time I see one of them and I think it is wonderful, that just as some decide to RP a sex
slave or a queen, even a dragon, these people choose to RP a kid. And why not? 
Second Life is the place where we can be whatever we want to, heck,
I have even been a duck walking all over the Sims wearing a hat and pearls. 
And not to forget a gigantic red dragon wearing earrings so why can't a grownup
be a kid if he chooses to? Why does it seem to me that many times, the naughty or negative Avatar 
is more acceptable than the child one?
Why reject an Avatar that represents the time when we were all pure at heart, our innocence.

These child avatars live in their own SL world and I love visiting their Sims. 
They are full of life and color and dreams and you can't help feeling the little girl or boy inside you
smiling. Childhood is the most beautiful time of any human being. It is the time when we are
adventurous and when we have extraordinary dreams of the future. When we get to be princesses and
astronauts. When we only see the beauty of life because, in a child's heart,
there is no ugliness. It is the time when we don't know hate or discrimination or destruction. 
It is when we are the most forgiven to others and when we can love the purest.

So if you again want to experience the joy of being a child... let it happen,
It is a beautiful thing!

Forever yours,
~ Lori Novo ~


Wearing
HaPPy EASTEDRESS
by
Precious Restless
from
BOUDOIR

INCLUDES:
 Easter basket skirt
Mesh underbust corset in 5 standard sizes
Lilac head ribbon and panties
Mesh lilac lacy bra in 5 standard sizes
 Matching shoes also mesh but are not rigged
(with resize scripts inside and color picker HUD for easy matching with your skin)
Easter basket skirt custom made AO

InWorld Boudoir     MarketPlace     Blog     Flickr


What brought me to write the above was this beautiful spot I found during my "Easter Places" search.

This is
presenting
THE EASTER FESTIVAL!
April 10th-20th

This is a Child Avatar festival where the SL kid can buy all sorts of exciting and fun items.
There is also an Easter hunt going on. The location is really very pretty and great for picture taking.

Flickr

CREDITS:
Skin ~ Amberly 09 ~ Glam Affair
Hair ~ Mimi ~ D!va Hair
Eyes ~ Ardent * Industrial (ML) ~ IKON Eyes
Model & Photographer ~ Lori Novo


♥⊱Thanks To All My Wonderful Designers For Their Support ... Hugs ⊰♥

No comments:

Post a Comment