A Permanent Smile

Featuring
HELLO TUESDAY & COSMOPOLITAN BI-WEEKLY EVENT


"Disarm you with a smile
And Cut you like you want me to.
Cut that little child
Inside of me and such a part of you
Ooh, the years burn.

I used to be a little boy
S0 old in my shoes,
And what I choose is my choice
What's a boy supposed to do?
The killer in me is the killer in you
My love
I send this smile over to you.

Disarm you with a smile
And leave you like they left me here
To wither in denial
The bitterness of one who's left alone.
Ooh, the years burn
Ooh, the years burn, burn, burn... "
- Disarm Lyrics


I wanted to start this post with the beautiful lyrics from the song that I am using today, that even though the song
is a bit on the sad side, it mentions one of my favorite things in life, a smile. My favorite line, of course,
is "disarm you with a smile" because it is such a powerful fact. There's no better way to melt the ice
with a stranger, right?!  A smile truly doesn't need any translation anyways, no matter in what part of
the world we are, no one has to not worry if it's being interpreted wrong.

Not only does a smile makes us all look better but it brightness every step we take during the day,
filling it with happy moments and opportunities because smiling can open doors, it is a master key.
It is also the best thing to wear every day, even better than lipstick and diamonds ;)

When I started Second Life over five years ago, one of the things that I wanted the most was for my Avatar
to be able to smile. Little did I know at the time that I could get a gesture for that. My Avatar went on
without smiling for over a year until one day one of my friends sent me the smiling gesture as a gift. Now
I know that with a little modifying to my Avatar's face features, I can create a beautiful smile that Lori can
wear permanently.

I remember as a child wanting to have a permanent smile on my face like one of the neighborhood girls did.
You know what I am talking about? The lucky kind of people that never seem to stop smiling even when their
skies are gray. It's not that they are actually smiling all the time, but their facial features make them seem
that way. Anyways, back then I wanted that permanent smile so badly that I was actually forcing myself to
smile all the time, which made my mouth hurt. I must have looked funny because I remember other kids in
the neighborhood and my friends staring at me with an expression of total confusion and fear. The funny thing
though is that no one ever dared to ask any questions. Gosh, I must have really looked creepy! :O
Some moments I would forget about the smile and when I would realize it I would go back to smiling right
away and feeling I had to start all over again ... "oh man!"

This went on for a few days until one morning while I was helping my grandma feed her birds she tried
to explain to me that I had to stop forcing myself to smile because a smile should always be natural for it
to be truly beautiful. Of course, I kept smiling while she spoke to me pretending not to be
listening to a word she was saying, I was determined to keep the smile forever at any cost. Truly concerned
with my silly new obsession she said to me, "If you keep forcing a smile your teeth are going to fall off
and your pretty face is going to get wrinkly and old like mine."
Those words were enough to stop me from continuing with my fake smiling. Of course after that day
and for a long time, every time I would look at my grandma I felt so sad for her thinking that she was old
and wrinkly because she must have been fake smiling all the time as a child. And for weeks I also kept a 
watchful eye on the neighborhood kid with the permanent smile, waiting for her teeth to fall off but they never did! >:(

Remember to
Add some of your sunshine
to some body's day
with your smile.

Thanks for reading!
Lori Novo

Please Visit My "Be Happy" Pinterest Board"


HELLO TUESDAY
50L$ and 50% Off Sale Deals For One Day Only Event!
View This Tuesday's Sale Items HERE

Wearing from this week's Hello Tuesday

GRUNGE NECKLACE
from Tabou Irresistible
50% Off /3 Colors Available
TAXI

*
FELISHIA LEATHER TOP in NOIR
from Project Reject
50L$ / An Exclusive for Hello Tuesday
TAXI

**********************

COSMOPOLITAN BI-WEEKLY EVENT
This round is available for only two weeks.
Over 150 quality items, Limited offers & exclusives!
New guest designers and new Group Gifts!
View New round HERE

Wearing from this new round,

LAUREN RIGGED FITTED MESH HAIR
by enVOGUE
*
REVOLVER PIPE
by Since 1975

TP To Cosmo ~ Blog ~ FlickrCosmopolitan ~ FlickrHelloTuesday
- Or join the SUBSCRIBER (outside by the door) to stay informed! No group slot needed!

CREDITS
Skin ~ Enya * Tan ~ WoW Skins & Shapes
Blush ~ #2 ~ :Sugar:
Eyes ~ Ardent * Clarity (Medium) ~ Ikon Eyes
Lashes ~ (No Longer Available) ~ Natural Beauty
Slink ~ Hands & Feet
Hat ~ Gangster Hat ~ Meva
Pants ~ 029 Leather / Knee Spike ~ baii maii
Guitar ~ Secret Garden Guitar * Black ~ Tabou Irresistible
Pose for Pic 3 ~ Carter 01 ~ Purple Poses
Pose for Pic 4 ~ Ashley 01 ~ Verocity
Location ~ Flux Sur Mer (Moderate)
Model / Photographer / Editor ~ Lori Novo

No comments:

Post a Comment