Sewed With Love & Sacrifice

Featuring
!gO!


Oh what have I done
to deserve such a beautiful dress?
Oh, grandma,
I love it, I love it
and I really can't wait, 
to wear it tomorrow and the next day.
I'll add tiny field flowers to my long braids
and I'll take a good shower
under the rain.
I want to be perfect
to wear my new dress
that you have made for me 
with your loving hands.
- Lori Novo

I think I was nine or ten years old when my grandma surprised me with a new dress 
she had made for me. When I saw it I couldn't believe that such a beautiful dress 
could possibly be mine. It was the most beautiful dress I had ever seen. 
It was in a shiny bright orange color adorned with delicate, ivory-colored lace. 
The skirt of the dress was in three-wide ruffles with V-style sleeves and elastic on the collar 
and waist and it was so shiny which made it even more beautiful to me. 
I placed the dress on a chair near an open window and sat in front of it 
looking in silence for a long time while it rained outside. 
I was amazed by it and didn't dare to blink or move, afraid that it would disappear. 
I did wear my dress the next day and the next and the next and I felt beautiful in it like a princess. 
My grandma had to take it away from me to wash it.
I can still see the dress in my mind very clearly. I loved the dress back then 
and I still love it now because it was so special, my grandma had sewed it for me by hand. 
Now I realize the true value of that beautiful dress, 
not only did it represent my grandma's love for me but also great sacrifice. 
There was a great lack of money during those times
and I realize now that she must have been saving for a long time to buy the materials needed. 
Also, she must've been staying up late for nights working on it while I slept 
since I never saw her with it until the day she gave it to me. 
I can imagine her sitting in her chair in the dim room, lit just by the gas lamp on her side table 
as her beautiful, shaking hands sewed the pieces together stitch by stitch, 
poking her fingers with the needle since her eyesight was very weak, 
but I bet she never stopped smiling with every stitch.

In love
sacrifice is no sacrifice at all,
but the greatest gift
we can do for our loved ones.

Thanks for reading!
Lori Novo




Speaking of beautiful dresses this is 
BOHEMIAN BRIDE 
lace dress by 
!gO!
which I fell in love with and I just had to share it with you (Released back in November)


Bohemian Bride
is available in 6 beautiful colors.

InWorld !gO! ~ MarketPlace ~ FlickrOfficial ~ FlickrFan


CREDITS
Skin ~ Enya * Tan ~ WoW Skins & Shapes  tysm
Blush ~ #2 ~ :Sugar:
Hair ~ Caprice ~ Truth
Wreath ~ Part of "Miss Cupid" Outfit ~ Boudoir  tysm
Eyes ~ Ardent * Clarity (Medium) ~ Ikon Eyes  tysm
Lashes ~ (No Longer Available) ~ Natural Beauty
Slink ~ Hands & Feet  tysm
Model / Photographer / Editor ~ Lori Novo



No comments:

Post a Comment