Crashing Into The Past

Featuring
VALENTINA E.


Still sick my beautiful people :(
It sucks!!!

At times like this, I miss so much having my palace in the sky where I used to just stay there hiding
from everyone every time I wasn't feeling well, that was my very first SL home and my perfect haven.
Now I call home any place I can crash like I did in the early days when I started SL. 
However, back then even though I felt no shame in crashing these places, I still didn't really want to
intrude on people's privacy, that is why my home preference was always model homes at Antique
Artistry Victorian Houses to be more exact (unfortunately, the Sim is closed). 
This allowed me the luxury of changing residence every week if I wanted to. 
I can honestly say that I got to live in every single house from that sim including 
gazebos and greenhouses which also qualified as little homes to me.

These houses were often unfurnished but that was fine with me and my friends at the time didn't seem
to mind when they would visit. I loved giving them tours of my new places feeling proud as if I really
was a homeowner, now I think they probably thought I was crazy. 
Nowadays, I am crashing sims' public houses (furnished for everyone to use) and friends' homes 
which are the best option for me since I am able to rez my studio there. However, I can't stay put for too
long in one place. I need a constant change of scenery if you know what I mean.

But going back to my palace in the sky, I sometimes still like rezzing it at sandboxes,
1000ft up in the sky and sit by the fountain to remember when Second Life was so much easier. 
Riyad Rozen sometimes comes to mind when I do. He was the one that found the palace for me in the
MarketPlace. He knew me well enough to know that it would be perfect for me and that I would love it.
I still smile every time when I remember something he once said to me... 
"Mango, just because I am Egyptian doesn't mean I ride a camel wherever I go.", 
"Duh Riyad, I know that, by the way, where did you park your camel, I mean your car?" :P

Anyways, today I just felt like visiting a corner of SL Egypt, and in my search, I found a list of several
choices to choose from and all good. I decided to stay with Egypt, Pharaoh's Land at Seven Kingdoms
(Moderate) for the sole reason that when I arrived at the Sim, I landed in the sky just like my palace
used to be and that gave me some sense of comfort believe it or not. ;)

But then again, who hasn't crashed at a friend's home at some point in Second Life, 
or at a model home, or slept in a bed at some furniture store and used the "adult" menu... 
I mean sleep, just sleep :P or travel around SL on a camel?...

... But speaking of snails...
oh wait, wrong subject (must be the fever), anyways, speaking of snails, 
yesterday I was feeling better in the afternoon so I decided to visit SL for a bit, I made a stop at some
sandbox and met a friendly snail from Spain. We had a fun talk about movies which I enjoyed and it
made me realize that if I can put my shyness aside and give myself an opportunity, 
I can start again meeting new wonderful people from around the world like when I used to be social.
Anyways, I asked Alex (the snail)...
Lori Novo: porque caracol? (why a snail?)
Alex: no se (I don't know)
Ahh, Good Answer!

... then my dizziness and weakness returned and I had to say, "Hasta la vista Mr. Snail!"

Thanks For Reading!
~ Lori Novo ~


Today I want to feature VALENTINA E. a new store/designer that I discovered
not too long ago but that I fell in love with immediately just like it happened to me 
with Boudoir & !gO! many years ago. I remember that when I first visited Valentina E. 
I fell totally in love with this Jewel Cocktail Dress that I am wearing in these pictures. 
The dress is no longer available (in-world) store but you can find it at the MarketPlace (Here
and it is available in 4 colors.

You can find Valentina E. at Uber, The Fantasy Collective, 
Shiny Shabby, FaMESHeD, and Fifty5 Thursdays.

Valentina E. In-World MarketPlace Blog  


Credits
Skin ~ Enya * Tan ~ WoW Skins & Shapes 
Lips ~ Yasmine Lipstick * Lip 4 (Light Tones) by WoW Skins & Shapes 
(Available at Skin Fair *Exclusive)
Lashes ~ #7 (No Longer Available) ~ Natural Beauty
 Beauty Marks ~ Customizable beauty marks A [mesh] V1.1 ~ {&why}
 Hair ~ Manon (Brown Diamond ~ D!va
 Eyes ~ Ardent * Clarity (Medium) ~ Ikon Eyes
 Slink ~ Hands & Feet
 Jewelry ~ Amely ~ Modern Couture
Dress ~ Jewel Cocktail Dress ~ Valentina E.
Location ~ Egypt @ Seven Kingdoms (Moderate)
Model & Photographer ~ Lori Novo

tysm

No comments:

Post a Comment