(LIFE 2.0)


Hello dear friends,

I am very saddened and shocked at seeing my beautiful country engulfed in so much unnecessary
violence. Three shooting acts just this past week, Baton Rouge, Louisiana on Tuesday, 
Falcon Heights, Minnesota on Thursday, and one very close to home in Dallas, Texas
I don't understand why all the violence. My prayers are with all the victims and their families.
 Just needed to pay my respects before I proceed to today's topic which is, how real is second life?

While some will argue that it is just a game for them, there are those of us that view Second Life 
as an extension of our real lives. It can really affect us in a positive or negative way 
depending on how we conduct ourselves and the choices we make every time we visit in-world. 
Using Second Life in a positive way can provide real financial benefits for those 
that have some sort of talent (DJ's, modeling, etc.) but the most rewarding one 
when it comes to earning Lindens which can later be transformed into real USD are the
designers/creators. Friendships can be made with people around the world which is something 
amazing to me, and then there is love. I haven't met one person yet in Second Life that hasn't gotten
their heart broken at least once during their SL existence. Yet, I always see people in search of this
beautiful relationship.



Second Life is usually blamed for the bad changes that our families and friends in the real world 
start noticing in some of us (loss of interest in the real world, hours, and hours of "playing the game",
neglection towards the people in our RL, etc.).  I honestly believe that Second Life is not to blame. 
It is always us that have total control of the game. It is like driving a car, YOU steer the wheel in the
direction that YOU want to head to, navigate at the speed YOU want to move, and slow down or stop
when only YOU decide to do so. The car won't do anything you don't want it to do 
and that is how SL is to me.

I found in my saved links a Second Life documentary 
that is based on the real lives of three Second Life residents.

Published on Oct 12, 2013
"This feature-length documentary follows a group of people whose lives are dramatically transformed
by a virtual world -- reshaping relationships, identities, and ultimately the very notion of reality"

I really recommend you watch this documentary if you haven't yet. It is approximately 1:41 long but I
am sure you will find it very interesting like I did. It was featured on the OWN (Opera Winfrey
Network) channel back in 2013.



Saying bye for now,  dear friends. May you all have an amazing evening/day 
wherever part of the world you are. And that peace finds its way into our hearts, 
our countries but especially into our world.

"Later that night
i held an atlas in my lap
ran my fingers across the whole world
and whispered
where does it hurt?

it answered
everywhere
everywhere
everywhere."

-Warsan Shire

Thanks for reading my beautiful people!
Mucho love,
-Lori Novo

▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

THE CHAPTER FOUR
July Edition / Ends July 24th.

Featuring today an amazing jewelry set by one of my sponsors,
The
AVERY SET
by PURPLEMOON CREATIONS


Non Rigged Earrings & Necklace / Hud Driven - 11 Stones - 12 pearls / Materials Enabled
Copy / Resize by Script / No Transfer

View Complete TCF Gallery HERE!

Taxi to TCF / Flickr Fan / FaceBook / Pinterest / Tumblr
PM InWorld  /  MarketPlace  /  Blog  /  PM Outlet  /  FlickrFan  /  FlickrPoulet  /  FaceBook

Credits
Skin ~ Xiaoyu Skin * Cotton Tone [Catwa appliers] ~ L'Etre Skin Shop  tysm
Eyes ~ Charm Eyes * Clarity Mesh ~ Ikon  tysm
Beauty Marks ~ Customizable beauty marks A [mesh] V1.1 ~ {&why}  tysm
Hair ~ Sake ~ LoQ Hair (Stored Closed)
Gown ~ Nayomi * Pearl ~ Azul  tysm
Pose ~ OMG Shoes 4 ~ HelaMiyo
Model & Photographer ~ Lori Novo

No comments:

Post a Comment