Heads Will Roll

EXPLORING SECOND LIFE


Hello Beautiful World!

Last night I had some time to go out and explore for a bit as I had been wanting to do for a while.
I wanted a Halloween sim, however, I wanted something fun and cute and not one of those really scary
ones. In my search, I came upon exactly what I was looking for, this is

Description: Among all the dark and scary places of Halloween, 
there's one a bit brighter and funnier:
Skullingtown, appropriate for children 
and adults who kept their inner child. 

It is really a great sim to visit if you haven't done it yet. Joining their group gives you rezzing rights
which is ideal for Second Life photographers and bloggers. And HERE you are welcome to share
your pictures in their Flickr group.




But why did I want a cute Halloween sim to visit instead of a really scary one?
Isn't Halloween supposed to be scary anyway?
Well yeah, and that is exactly what I told my daughter the other day when I took her to look for
not one, but two different costumes to wear on Halloween night for some party. 
We visited two stores and in both, she went for cute costumes like Wednesday from The Addams Family
or Bratz, etc. I however was attracted to the real scary ones, the scarier the more I liked them.
I kept trying to change her mind about what to select by telling her that on Halloween we are supposed
to look scary as hell, and she argued that for Halloween we can be whatever we want, which is true, so
she won the argument. :P

In the end, she got a Flapper Girl and a Cowgirl costume... GRRRRR! >:(
I wish she at least would have gone for the spiderweb one which was very easy to put on
since it was just a cape and I could have landed her some of the spiders that live on my window.
That for sure would have caused a few heart attacks to any arachnophobic people at the party. :P


From the two costumes she bought the only scary thing was the price.
The flapper girl was $35 and the cowgirl with a separate wig was over $74 USD.

And that reminded me of when my daughter was a little girl, around four years old, I loved buying her
dress-up clothes and accessories all the time so she could play. Then one day a friend visited me and told me about a used clothing warehouse where if I asked them they could save me all costumes they would
get. And so the next day I went and talked to the manager and you know what offer she made me?
First, she asked if I was interested in some things in particular or if I wanted to get everything which included, theatrical costumes, wigs, accessories, etc. I said, just give me all, I want everything. 
And so I would get about a trash bag full of beautiful costumes every week, a lot was complete
sets from the Disney store and all I had to pay was 30 cents per pound! True story, I swear!

I did this for almost a year but I had to stop because my daughter's room and the garage were getting too
crowded with all these beautiful costumes even though I would donate a lot of them to our Junior
High and High school for their drama classes. 

Then Halloween arrived and I decided to have a Halloween costumes yard sale with all the bags in the
garage. The sale ran for five days straight. On the first day, I sold over 1K (USD). After that at least 500
each day. True story again! :P


Ok, why am I still holding this pumpkin? And why are they all laughing?
Did I say something funny?
Ohhh, they don't believe my story. bad, bad pumpkins, shame on you! >:(


By the way, I love these Nope Cats by *HEXtraordinary* . I have the whole set which I replaced the
gacha ones with the copy (not transferable) ones. Now all I need is to get my Steppenwolf to get me
some land with an endless amount of prims to make my own Halloween sim with all my grouchy cats.


This is all for now my beautiful people, glad you stopped by and hope you enjoyed your visit.
By the way, when I saw the beautiful carousel on the left I knew right away it had to be from
irrISIStible, and I was right! :P


Keep spreading the love and the smiles!
Much love,
Lori Novo

Credits On Me
TRUTH / Kyoko Hair
LaGyo_Gabrielle Headband - Orange
Mug - Pumpkin Sweater - Black
Tights - Bowtique - Pumpkin Costume


No comments:

Post a Comment