A Cucurrucucú Melody


Hello Beautiful World!
Last night I went to sleep while we were having a thunder and lightning storm, and woke up
and we were still having a thunder and lightning storm this morning. :O
Roads are flooded and the whole day has been cloudy and dark. I do love the rain, the more it rains
the more I love it. However, I am afraid of lightning, I fear it so much that I don't want to even
move too much or touch anything because I fear it will strike me.


So once I fixed all my clocks after I woke up since we had lost electricity overnight, I decided to look
for a good song to share with you today and while searching I found one that was one of my
mother's favorite (R.I.P) called Cucurrucucú Paloma. The version that I am sharing of this song 
is pretty amazing, I had never heard this song sung in such a different, but absolutely wonderful
way. The singer is Sílvia Pérez Cruz, from Barcelona, Spain. HERE you can read more about this
incredible singer. It is a Spanish website but you can always use a translator in your own language. ;)
By the way, the song is about a dove. I have included lyrics translated to English on READ MORE.




Now, one version of this song by Sílvia wasn't enough for me. HERE is another one I found.
Though there are many similarities in both versions, you can still hear some differences throughout 
the song. I honestly can't decide which version I like the best since both give me chills. ;)
My outfit today was inspired by this beautiful song. HERE, you can listen to the original version
by one of my favorite Mexican singers Angela Aguilar.


I bet you all already recognized my location,
Welcome this is

Missing Melody (Moderate)

Description: What is a Missing Melody? It's that song in your head that you can't get out 
but not sure how it really goes. It's that temptation you want to have in your life 
so you can fight to resist. It's that place in your heart that is always waiting to be filled.


By the way, Someone commented about the hanging shoes, what does this mean?
Here's your answer dear reader right straight from my Google search:

[In some neighborhoods, shoes tied together and hanging from power lines or tree branches
signify that someone has died. The shoes belong to the dead person. The reason they are hanging,
legend has it, is that when the dead person's spirit returns, it will walk that high above the ground,
 that much closer to heaven.]

Still, there are a variety of explanations, HERE you can read more about that.


In Mexico, I grew up listening to the phrase "Ya colgo los tennis"
which means exactly what I mentioned above. It is a very informal way of gently breaking the
news of someone's passing away.


Time to go for now my beautiful people. Thanks for stopping by, always so greatly appreciated.
And remember to show some Linden love during your visit to Missing Melody. All donations big
or small help. ;)


YEE-HAW MY LITTLE HORSIE!
And together we gallop into the sunset.
Much Love,
Lori Novo


Credits
tram J0731b hair / HUD-A ● CLOCKHAUS - Sassy Earrings // GOLD // ● IzelCouture China Poblana Red Shawl
LeCastle - Regina Babydoll Dress Model & Photographer: Lori Novo
Annan Adored Tan Skin

Cucurrucucú Paloma (translation)

They say through every nighttime
he was purely a flowing river of tears;
they say he wasn’t eating,
but drinking to drown out the pain that so sears.
They swear that even the night skies
shudder with pity to his sad wails and sharp cries,
for her, oh he was suffering,
and vainly calls out past the death where she now lies.

Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay he’s singing,
ay, ay, ay, ay, ay he’s moaning.
Ay, ay, ay, ay, ay, he’s singing,
and from mortal passion dying.

A Mourning Dove sad and lonesome
at dawn, its song will be cooed for your ears,
the cottage still is waiting
with wide-open doors emptying fears.
They swear that Mourning Dove cooing
is surely the very soul of your darling,
that is still so sweetly awaiting
her return to his love never-ending.

Cucurrucucú paloma,
cucurrucucú no crying.
The stones we walk on, paloma,
will never know about our loving.

Cucurrucucú, cucurrucucú,
cucurrucucú, paloma, no crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment