EXPLORING SL: Innsmouth


DESCRIPTION From The CREATOR
The sim is loosely based on the mythos created by American horror writer H.P. Lovecraft,
particularly the locales in "The Shadow over Innsmouth" and "The Colour Out of Space". 
You'll be exploring a coastal town in Massachusetts, 1930. 
The sim is meant to be beautiful and mysterious and a bit lonely.


The ENTRY HALL
You will be arriving at a sunken room where you will have to teleport yourself 
to the outside world... that is Innsmouth.


Isolation and destruction
Oh! what a sight welcomes me,
to this forgotten valley
that has been taken over by a heavy fog.


Has the finger of doom
only touched this town and spared the rest of the world?
Sunshine and green grass still, live outside of this destruction.


I see
a twist of light among all this darkness
as if it carries the spirits of all those who have perished here.
Are they trying to escape the hole of hell
or is it evil trying to deceive us in the light
making its way out?



Still, the fires burning strong.
Why hasn't the rain put them out?
They burn furiously, refusing to die.
They somehow light up my path as I walk by.
Everywhere there is darkness and those eerie sounds
that travel in the breeze giving me chills down my spine.


Footsteps have followed me since I entered in this place.
But when I turn around to see who is there, 
there is no one it's just me walking down these lonely streets.


Suddenly
I get trapped in an orb of a dull light that wasn't there before.
And a voice warns me...

[10:46]  Ƭίšђą (tisha001): be careful.. there walks a demon around
[10:47]  Lori Novo: I will
[10:47]  Lori Novo: ty
But when I turn to look at her
she walks away fast with a
[10:47]  Ƭίšђą (tisha001): puRrrRrRrrrrRrr


By the ocean's edge I see a shadow.
It's moving inland with a growling sound.
Is this the demon I was warned about?


The tic-toc's from a clock attracts my attention
as it dares to add its sound to the eerie silence.
It is coming from the Room Board building...
It is calling me to come in.


As I make my way in, the door closes hard behind me
and the tic-toc's get louder almost like screams in my ears.
I hear the rain falling mercilessly outside
in this town as if it didn't already have enough.
Thunder... Lighting in the sky add their notes to the tic-toc's!


The lower part of the town has been carpeted by the ocean's water
and it's making its way up the road.
The croaks of the frogs that live in the water invade the area
echoing through the destruction.


Walking along the village's edge
I hear the ocean's waves crashing strong on the land.


So many buildings for me to see
like The Temple of Dragon.


And inside sits the king
Watching me
walking in.
There is silence... no more sounds,
just a table covered in blood.
Is this where many were brought before him
as a sacrifice to please this king?


Another warning
from a stranger, that is aware of the danger...

[11:54]  Swords Chrome: evening, ma'am
[11:55]  Swords Chrome: Are you okay?
[11:55]  Lori Novo: yes ty
[11:55]  Swords Chrome: alright - be careful


This grandpa here is the only town survivor I have seen.
There is pain and sadness in his eyes.
He sits still and doesn't talk.


Separated from the rest up a hill
stands a mansion that is so grand.
But strange sounds come from inside.
Like nothing good is going on.


I go in to see what is inside.
I am attracted by the strange sounds.
What I find is a hospital of the mental kind.
I regret this time my bravery.
I had forgotten that, curiosity killed the cat.


Now I make my way into town.
I see a park and I hear the sound of children playing.
They sound so far away, like an echo.
The rusted merry-go-round makes a squeaking sound
and keeps going around.
A child's "lalala" of teasing plays around me...
but I see no one, it is a spirit.


Glowing red eyes appear on the fence.
It's one of the toys from the children that used to play there.
And the rain keeps falling down,
and it comes down with the wimps and the cries of those who died there
and now have been imprisoned by the dark.


The movie theater in the town is so lonely, there is no line.
This was probably a favorite spot from the locals at the time.


Now inside the film seems to still be running
the electricity I noticed is still working.
Whatever happened here wasn't too long ago.


Tosca was Innsmouth Opera House's last performance.


Inside among the destruction candles flickr,
while outside still the laughter of the children spirits linger.
And the cry of the crows blends with the neverending sound of the rain.
Squeaking and slamming doors, the breaking of glass,
and the sound of footsteps from someone that is not there.
All come together creating an eerie song that goes well with this place.


In the distance standing tall and protective
the lighthouse sends out warning signals
to all the ships that come too close to stay away.


They, who did not listen paid the ultimate price
for they have to vanish
and now only their laments remain in the shadows
joining the rest that are forever gone.


It is time for me to leave this place
now that the demon has arrived.
There is no room for the two of us
in this dreadful town.