The Ballerina

Originally Published on July 2, 2011
Ryne Okelly
Ryne Okelly & Lori Novo


Today I woke up earlier than other days with the need to write and decided to visit SL 
to take a few photos for my work. After taking a few good shots I decided to explore 
the area and ventured into a cave not realizing that I was being followed.
 As I entered one of the many passways in the cave and discovered a beautiful 
Antique Music Box with a beautiful ballerina spinning around
an IM appears on my screen saying hi and asking me how I was doing. 
I usually do not like to answer randoms IMs but this time I decided to and asked him 
back how he was doing after saying hi.

He replied that he was following the girl in the yellow dress 
but that he had lost her. I stood there in front of the Antique Music Box fascinated 
with the ballerina that kept spinning around when he finally appeared before me. 
"Awww, the yellow dress!" 
he exclaimed when he finally found me and then we both smiled.

We continued to chat all while we both stood there looking at the ballerina. 
He said that it reminded him of a childhood memory and when I asked him to tell me about it, 
he continued to say that he grew up near a college where his dad worked, 
and in one of the science or physics buildings they had a hologram "thingee
and one of the images was just like that ballerina, spinning like that but never did he see in there 
a girl in a yellow dress.

We smiled again and continued with our chat. 
"You're quite unique looking Lori, which is surprisingly rare here", 
he said and then we smiled once more. We shared the different places we like the most 
in SL and when I mention to him that Japan Tempura Island was my favorite one 
because of the music that never failed to make me cry, he replied,
"Awww, no crying sweet girl".

Ryne turned out to be a very polite and friendly man and not a scary stalker at all. 
When I finally excused myself to continue my exploring, he sent me a "Friend Request" 
with a "Would you be my friend pretty girl?" in it.

I never imagined that all it took was a yellow dress and a ballerina to make a new friend :)

Photo 1 Location: DAYDREAM ISLAND