The Future Past

Featuring UTOPIA by Saby Clary


Can you please press Play for me?
Thanks

Dear Second Life,
It's been a while since I've been here but for some reason, Second Life has just become that, Second Life. 
No longer does it take the same essential place as it did before. It'll never stop being an important part 
of my everyday life, however, my now, every day, I choose to spend it mostly elsewhere.

As I return to SL after this brief pause, I find that all the sad memories were still waiting for me. For
some reason, I thought they would be gone and I could just continue as if nothing ever happened but I
could not have been more wrong. They were my "Welcome" mat at my rezzing point waiting to be dealt
with, not the welcome I was hoping for. The sadness of those memories of happy and not-so-happy days
still lingers in every corner making it impossible to take a breath of fresh Second Life air. I find myself
rewinding over and over the history of my last months, self-torturing myself and making it impossible
to heal. Why do I keep doing this to myself, really? Allowing those negative memories to live in my
head only denies me the chance to be happy and at peace again. If I continue to let this happen, I'll be
creating a chain of unhappy pasts and I will never see a brighter future. Does it make sense to you?



"Nobody's fault, but mine.
Nobody's fault, but mine.
And I said if I should die
and my soul becomes lost,
Then I know it's nobody's fault but mine."
-lyrics

In other words,
yesterday is gone and what happened, happened, and there is nothing I can do to change it. It is done,
written, and gone. But dwelling on those memories makes my present as sad as my past and therefore
my future will continue to be grey for the rest of my life if I allow this emotional chain to continue. I
have to stop this destructive daily pattern of playing over and over again all the sad memories and start
focusing on what I want my present and future to be. I can't allow the past to dictate my future. I may
not have the power to change what has happened, but I do have the power to work on a better present
and future for myself.

Do I want to be happy again? 
YES I DO!
Do I want to feel again that peace that I value so much?
I NEED TO!

So today I start working on creating that future I vision for myself by embracing every happy moment
in my present. Not allowing any sad memory of the past to make me doubt a happy moment from
happening. Tomorrow will be the future and today will be the past for tomorrow. This very moment I
am living right now is essential, the most important one. This is where I have the power to create a
happy past for my future!

Forever yours,
~ Lori Novo ~ 


Credits
Tribal Glam White ~ Utopia
Hair ~ Tribal Glam Hair ~ Utopia
Skin ~ Chic Skin ~ Belleza
Eye Liner ~ Tribal MakeUp ~ Damned
Lips ~ Black ~ LaFauna
Earrings ~ St. John Earrings in Diamonds ~ [AB]
Necklace ~ Noir02 ~ Finesmith
Nails ~ Madame Wild ~ A&AFashion
Eyes ~ Ardent Industrial (Small) ~ IKON Eyes
Poses ~ Del May
Location ~ Noweeta Grassland * Pink Flamingo
Model & Photographer ~ Lori Novo

♥⊱Thanks To All My Wonderful Designers For Their Support ... Hugs ⊰♥

No comments:

Post a Comment