It All Starts With a Hello

CAPTURING TEMPURA ISLAND


"May it be the shadow's call will fly away
May it be your journey on to light the day
When the night is overcome
You may rise to find the sun..."



It was the year 2010, and then 2011, and so on. And for many years to come "May It Be" would be
the welcoming song to every person that would visit Tempura every day. It was such a significant
moment when our feet would touch the beautiful golden landing point and the first thing our ears
would listen to were the beautiful lyrics to this song...

"May it be an evening star
Shines down upon you
May it be when darkness falls
Your heart will be true
You walk a lonely road
Oh, how far you are from home..."

It never failed to give me chills every time I visited the beautiful island, even if I would return
several times during the same day, the experience was always so beautiful thanks to this song.
Many times, I would just stand for a while just so I could listen to the lyrics before making my way
anywhere. I'd close my eyes, and sometimes, the feeling was so beautiful and overwhelming that it
would bring tears to my eyes...

"Mornie utulie
Believe and you will find your way
Mornie alantie
A promise lives within you now..."


It was the year 2010, and then 2011, and so on. And for many years to come every time I visited 
the Tai Chi circle and I said "hello" I was showered with "hellos" from all the people there.
It was like a colorful rain of confetti falling upon us...

Hello!, hello:), Hello dear, Hello friend
Hello
hello
hello...

And then the laughter and the beautiful conversations we would all join in.
Sometimes serious and deep. Others were simply goofy and fun.
Everyone always seemed to enjoy each other's company. There I made so many friends and
found love. It was there that I created the Tai Chi Family Group where many beautiful people
joined me including the beautiful Polly Reina.

June 2012: A Night Of Lights
July 2012: The Tai Chi Family
Feb. 2013: Men In Slippers
and many, many more.

But as the years pass, it seems the circle somehow has died. People usually keep to themselves
and seem not to want to be bothered. Trying to start conversations like before is almost impossible.
I still continue to say "hello" every time I arrive at the circle but most times my "hellos" go ignored
just for a few times when one or two people will reply with a smile. That just makes my day,
Having my "hellos" ignored always makes me sad for some reason. I understand that
many, if not most of the people attending the circle are usually AFK (away from keyboard). They
just "park" their Avi on one of the Tai Chi balls and go on to do other things. But there are many times
when people are obviously present but choose to not respond. A hello costs nothing but means so
much to me like the many other things we can do for each other...

"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, 
an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential 
to turn a life around."
- Leo Buscaglia

Tonight, the circle was silent, too silent until Safaniya first appeared and then 
SHAME CUDDIHY (shamelesshussy) who with their beautiful presence brought the circle to life
and reminded me of how it used to be...

Safaniya

Safaniya: hello :)
Lori Novo: Hi Safaniya :)
Lori Novo: welcome!
Steppenwolf (steppen.crescendo): hello  Safaniya
Steppenwolf (steppen.crescendo): you brave
Steppenwolf (steppen.crescendo): usually nobody chats anymore here
Safaniya: lol   just saying hello
 until now i've not had negative comments on that
Lori Novo: I think it is lovely
Steppenwolf (steppen.crescendo): we used to chat all the time here
Safaniya: maybe 'we' just need some kind of start
(steppen.crescendo): youre absolutely right we should all say hello and be excellent to each other
Lori Novo: I love it when someone does say hello
 Jackie Piers (jackie.charlesworth): hello all
Lori Novo: Hello =  smiles
Lori Novo: Hello Jackie :)
Safaniya: I ussually say 'hello' or some kind of greeting, if peeps don't want to talk thats fine.. 
or maybe they are just AFK
SHAME CUDDIHY (shamelesshussy): hello
Steppenwolf (steppen.crescendo): haha hello everyone!
Lori Novo: Hello Shame! :)
Lori Novo: welcome!
Safaniya: HEy there Shame,  Jackie  and Rusty
Lori Novo: Hello everyone! :)))
Jackie Piers (jackie.charlesworth): :))
SHAME CUDDIHY (shamelesshussy): hello Steppewolf
SHAME CUDDIHY (shamelesshussy): Lori
SHAME CUDDIHY (shamelesshussy): ☆*¨¨*:•.•:*¨* hallo hello hi holla *¨¨*:•.•:*¨*☆
Lori Novo: HOLA chicas!
Steppenwolf (steppen.crescendo): waves
Steppenwolf (steppen.crescendo): lets concentrate our Chi power we build here to make 
the world a little bit better
Lori Novo: Safaniya made it much better with her hello
Lori Novo: then we followed, that is so great!
Steppenwolf (steppen.crescendo): true
Safaniya: lol  the butterfly effect :)
Steppenwolf (steppen.crescendo): but now we have a Chi cannon
Lori Novo: :)
Steppenwolf (steppen.crescendo): where do we send our healing powers?
Safaniya: let them go where they are needed
Lori Novo: agree
Steppenwolf (steppen.crescendo): well have to stay all night doing taichi and sending  chi 
tidings to everyone
Steppenwolf (steppen.crescendo): everyone needs help
Safaniya: .. a tall order

And just as Safaniya had first arrived, with a very warm hello, she left us with a warm goodbye.
Thanks to these three beautiful ladies for their warm hellos, their presence, and their beautiful smiles.
I was going to also take Jackie's and SHAME's pictures but by the time I turn, they were already gone. :P
 Jackie Piers (jackie.charlesworth)
SHAME CUDDIHY (shamelesshussy) 
Safaniya

No comments:

Post a Comment